What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for January 2021 - news discussion

Waiting for Das Boot, season 3.

I am looking forward to Discovery of Witches - season 1 was a surprise hit for me

Waiting for Das Boot, season 3.

They’ve only just started shooting so suspect it’s some way off yet ☹️

They’ve only just started shooting so suspect it’s some way off yet ☹
April is the word, season 2 was some of the best tv this year...........

Wonder Woman 84 NOW please! Cinemas closed in Wales. 😭

April is the word, season 2 was some of the best tv this year...........

Great if that was the case but if they’ve only started shooting (and with a 100 day schedule to ‘boot’) I would be surprised if it turned around that quick! If I was being realistic I think it’ll be late 2021.

That being said I agree it was a cracker and I really like the fact they seem to be widening the scope even further next season with what sounds like a British adversary.

Yes. the battle the Royal Navy and Ray Stevenson plays admiral on one of the ships apparently .....i will miss Wrangel.....amazing piece of acting.

Certainly nothing to change my mind about undoing my Sky cancellation a few weeks ago, after 17 years of paying stupid amounts of money to them. What annoys me even more is I got given the whole “we could do it for £20 less/month” spiel when I rang “as we have some new packages”. Had they automatically moved me onto these so called “new” packages reducing my price automatically instead of just raising prices year after year I might have felt a little less ripped off. Same disgusting behaviour that insurance companies try to pull. For an ever diminishing quality of content and service of failed recordings, download failures, series link failures, ads everywhere - never, ever again...

NowTV bit rate has been massively throttled and looks rubbish even when paying for Boost. It is typically 128 or 192, instead of 7000 to 8000. Yes it looks rubbish.

I'm most looking forward to not paying for sky in 2021 as it's now cancelled :D
Been with them since the early 90s :eek:

Updated 21-Dec-2020:

1st Jan - Bad Boys For Life
2nd Jan - The Whole Truth
5th Jan - She's in Portland
7th Jan - Blindfire
9th Jan - The High Note
10th Jan - Miss Juneteenth
11th Jan - Magical Adventures in the Forbidden City
19th Jan - Volition
22nd Jan - The King of Staten Island
28th Jan - The Swerve
29th Jan - Twist
30th Jan - Irresistible

Looks like sky cinema Disney will cease broadcasting at the end of December....was on the cards.

Oh dear. No big premieres and no news of any Friday night premieres apart from Bad Boys For Life. I was hoping there would be some deal done involving Wonder Woman 1984 but that is going on all platforms as a premium rental. Shame as Sky could have done something like Disney Plus did with Mulan or even have it as part of the Sky Cinema sub for a few days.

The issue with Sky making a deal with WB for an SVOD release of WW84, even for a limited period probably would have been the sheer cost - that deal would have to make up a chunk of box office revenue WB would not normally get so would stand to reason that they may have wanted an awful lot of money to make them whole - and would that cost been worth it to Sky? They should be getting the movie in 8 months anyway and it may be more important to have it premiere later in the year.

The article does indicate several Friday night premieres aside from Bad Boys... Greed and King Of Staten Island as well as the originals, Twist & Blithe Spirit. I suspect over the next few months we will see more Sky Originals and acquisitions under that branding in that Friday night slot...

NowTV bit rate has been massively throttled and looks rubbish even when paying for Boost. It is typically 128 or 192, instead of 7000 to 8000. Yes it looks rubbish.

Yeah what's going on with that? I pay for boost mode and I very rarely get 8mbit feed anymore. I mostly get the 4mbit one which frankly looks terrible and Indistinguishable from the non-boost 720p one. Plus on the Apple TV 5.1 is bust too so we just get stereo.

It really is an awful service, and if HBO Max launches here late next year as is rumoured hopefully it will be the final nail in the coffin for Now TV.

Certainly nothing to change my mind about undoing my Sky cancellation a few weeks ago, after 17 years of paying stupid amounts of money to them. What annoys me even more is I got given the whole “we could do it for £20 less/month” spiel when I rang “as we have some new packages”. Had they automatically moved me onto these so called “new” packages reducing my price automatically instead of just raising prices year after year I might have felt a little less ripped off. Same disgusting behaviour that insurance companies try to pull. For an ever diminishing quality of content and service of failed recordings, download failures, series link failures, ads everywhere - never, ever again...
I find that especially insulting. Nothing like rewarding your loyal customers is there?
Sky just mug folks off and keep getting away with it.
I'd say anyone who pays for the full package is a mug but I don't want to be rude or offend anyone.

They’re no different from BT or Virgin Media.
They all do it.

I'm waiting for 'Intergalactic' as i've done a little work on the set and been inside the ship, i have a pic i'm not allowed to post until the series airs

Updated 12-Jan-2021:

12th Jan - Room 104 S4, Sky Comedy
15th Jan - The Simpsons S32, Sky One
18th Jan - A.P. Bio S3, Sky Comedy
28th Jan - Resident Alien S1, Sky One

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom