What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022 - news discussion

I could use a few pointers really, struggling to find anything good on Netflix lately.
Is there anything on Netflix now that comes close to Altered Carbon(1) ; Money Heist : Better Call Saul etc?

I could use a few pointers really, struggling to find anything good on Netflix lately.
Is there anything on Netflix now that comes close to Altered Carbon(1) ; Money Heist : Better Call Saul etc?
The Sandman was excellent, one of the better shows of late.

On the movie front RRR is a lot of fun.

Of the new stuff this month Cabinet of Curiosities looks to be the standout. The recently released trailer for it looks fantastic.

Great month, there'll be some real gems in there.
Anyone else enjoying KLEO?

Do you like foreign series? Plenty of good stuff like black spot, la mante, le chalet, to the lake etc.
BorderTown is brilliant.

Here's a few that I really liked...
Mindhunter:

Love Death& Robots:

Narcos

After Life

Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities, The Midnight Club, The Watcher and Mr Harrigan’s Phone will keep me busy this month 👍

Last edited:
The Spanish series The Longest Night is similar to Money Heist. Mysterious conspirators send a team to forcibly extract The Alligator, a notorious serial murderer, from a mental institution. But other forces are at work and things go horribly wrong. The writers very deftly handle quite a few moving pieces and at least attempt to provide reasonable character motivation/backgrounds for most of the players.

Watch Dark.

And then watch it again.

I watched Pixie last night and loved it.

Great story, excellent cast
including, bizarrely Alec Baldwin as a gangster priest!
and loads of dark humour.

pix.JPG

Last edited:
Would love to say yes but I can’t seem to get rid of the audio description in the English subtitles. I know the mouse is squeezing, I can hear it. This is a program breaker for me.
I don't really remember that but I'm pretty sure it will have been like it but I managed to enjoy the series despite the descriptions.

I don't really remember that but I'm pretty sure it will have been like it but I managed to enjoy the series despite the descriptions.
Yes, the reviews look good. Turns out the audio description thing is only on my profile which is bizarre. I only have English (cc) as an option. The wife's profile has both English and English (cc)- the one which tells you about a squeaking mouse, as subtitle options. Some weird glitch as I can't see how there is any settings criteria which would do this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom