What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021

mtenga

Distinguished Member
They took a long time to get Colony S3 onto UK, it’s been available for years in the US. I couldn’t wait and imported the discs last year. Good TV for sci-fi lovers.

fordster

Other than (finally) the rest of Season 5 of Lucifer there’s nothing here that would tempt me back. Think I’ll hang on until there’s more I’d be really bothered about. I’m quite happy slowly working my way through The Expanse on Amazon Prime (I’m not a big TV/movie watcher these days) and my wife is quite happy with all the choice on Disney+.

elaynah

Novice Member
Other than (finally) the rest of Season 5 of Lucifer there’s nothing here that would tempt me back. Think I’ll hang on until there’s more I’d be really bothered about. I’m quite happy slowly working my way through The Expanse on Amazon Prime (I’m not a big TV/movie watcher these days) and my wife is quite happy with all the choice on Disney+.
Does anyone know can you get a netflix movie on a dvd and say but it off amazon since we don't have a blockbusters anymore. I have tried to look for sky high a spanish new realise its ln netflix but j can't get it on a dvd like anywhere at all.
Thanks if any one knows : )

BrightonChris

Distinguished Member
Army of the Dead looks like great fun. And The Kominsky Method and Lucifer are enjoyable tosh. I may re-up my Netflix sub for the first time in a while. For that week. Then immediately cancel it afterwards of course.

smackos

Very much looking forward to Mark Millar's Jupiter Legacy series this month, I really enjoyed the likes of Kick-Ass and Kingsman over the years so this will be a must watch for me.

VGzilla

I've been looking forward to Army of the Dead since I first read Zack Snyder was back for more zombies.

Daniel M13

Well I'll be dammed! I thought s2 of colony ended strangely! I had no idea there was a 3rd! Going to watch a recap, really underrated show.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Lucifer was my must watch when it was on broadcast TV but the Netflix episodes just don't have the scampish streak that made Lucifer so interesting.

nickkuk

Army of the Dead does look fun, I hope Eden and The Woman in the (rear) Window also turn out to be worth watching.

dts

Distinguished Member
Army of the dead will hopefully be a fun and silly ride...hope its in 4k dolby vision with dolby atmos sound!

fordster

Does anyone know can you get a netflix movie on a dvd and say but it off amazon since we don't have a blockbusters anymore. I have tried to look for sky high a spanish new realise its ln netflix but j can't get it on a dvd like anywhere at all.
Thanks if any one knows : )
Some Nextflix series are available to buy on DVD (or even as digital content from Amazon, Apple, etc) but not many. I think Lucifer and The Good Place are but can’t think of much else.

YokerBloke

ZS's 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead has been watched I don't know how many times in our house. I'm looking forward to this one.

DarkDogZA

The line-up looks a bit weak. I was hoping for a lot more international content.

Moth

Pleased to see The Kominsky Method back but very disappointed to see Alan Arkin isn't in it.

DarkDogZA

By 'content' you mean actrors?
No, I mean content. The current line-up is fairly US centric. I would happily see more British / Scandi / Korean etc.

YokerBloke

No, I mean content. The current line-up is fairly US centric. I would happily see more British / Scandi / Korean etc.
You have to realise that the good 'ol US of 'Murica STILL think they are the centre of everything, especially their movies.

DarkDogZA

No disagreement there. While I had previously watched a lot of continental EU content pre lockdown, post lockdown, I really started exploring a lot other content which made the very basic scripting from mainstream hollywood rather dull by comparison

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021