What's new on Netflix UK for March 2021 - news discussion

Decided to cancel Netflix a few months ago - looking at this lineup, another £14 saved !

Getting worse by the month!

Mine goes up March 11th, definitely cancelling by then.

Last edited:
Netflix is hit and miss. Misses mostly. No James Bond, no Star Wars, no Game Of Thrones. Then you of course need Hbo, Disney. In a few years Netflix we’ll probably cost the same as 6 discs Blue ray set of Game Of Thrones. 🤔😮😞

Yeah well I've just cancelled mine, price increase and lack of stuff I actually want to watch, might start swapping month by month instead of paying for netflix, prime, Disney and now tv every month.

If only I didn't have some family members on my account.. that is dire selection. Don't think i've watched anything new and good on netflix for a few months now. Shame.

Might give Disney+ a try once I’ve cancelled when Star is added to the service.

Getting worse by the month!

Mine goes up March 11th, definitely cancelling by then.
It really is getting worse. I would like to know the psychographics of the people who pay the Netflix bill in Western households vs those of the audience that Netflix content is targeted at. I am certain they are vast worlds apart.

I very rarely watch the stuff that's supposed to be catered for me but the TV series and foreign language series make it worth it for us still.

I very rarely watch the stuff that's supposed to be catered for me but the TV series and foreign language series make it worth it for us still.
I think that's the point, the stuff that's presumably catered to you since you are the paying customer really isn't created with you in mind at all. You're buying shoes created for professional basketball players.

If i didnt go halves with someone then id cancel too. Definitely starting to lose its appeal now and theres so many streaming services bidding for contracts you need them all to have a decent selection and that costs a small fortune every month even worse if you have Sky or Virgin too

The streaming services were always going to struggle once the content creation starting drying up, the population has had almost a year to watch everything they have even a small interest in and re-watch the ones they like, so it would seem time for some to re-evaluate the value proposition, particularly as usage is starting to drop to virtually nothing (at least for me it has) and thumbing through the genre lists is tedious.

Netflix original films haven't helped with their debatable quality.

For the time being I am going to continue to pay as I am sharing the cost, they will improve once production can start again, albeit that is a while away yet, probably 6 months before new programming can get to the screen, allowing for post production etc...

However I am starting to think that I can do, as others have suggested, and swap between services on a rotation, a month is normally enough to get through any new items of interest on a particular service and then move on to the next one.

To be honest, regarding back catalogue series, I have want I really want, with a few more to buy, I will be getting a NAS to store those on and stream stuff I really want to re-watch and pay when there is something I want to see, which I can then consider buying and ripping (such as The Expanse) so I am not paying for months, when I am not watching, just to keep the title available.

Although that approach means wasted discs, the fact that series/franchises do move between services or become unavailable for periods, it does mean I have access to my favourites all the time rather than being forced to double up on streaming subscriptions, that I only need access to a fraction of the total catalogue available.

Whilst there is a cost to having what you want when you want it, it seems an awful lot of money goes to the streaming services to just have the service (contract fees to the creators e.g), however that is of course the consequence of someone else storing the content, to make it available anywhere anytime.

The main thing that is good about all of this is that you can pick and choose which service to pay for and for how long at anytime, 5 minutes at the keyboard or on the touchscreen and you have access to loads for a "pay how often you want" price, rather than being tied in for 12 months.

This months round ups of what the streaming services are bringing is fairly uninteresting for me, making me think more about how much cheaper in the long run a NAS would be, I mean how often will I be desperate for a 4k film, that I don't currently own and need to stream.

A NAS and a coupe of services will probably be the way I end up going, gives the best of both worlds then.

Last edited:
Chopping and changing between the various streaming services is definitely the way to go rather than having one or more continual subs.

Cancelled my Netflix today. Will resubscribe when they finally bring the rest of Lucifer and the next series of Cobra Kai. But I think Netflix is now on the occasional list when they’ve added sufficient stuff I actually want to watch.

I’ve kept my Amazon Prime (I think of that as free streaming that comes with he delivery service) and just signed up to Disney+ for a year at the old price. Not had that before so plenty to keep us going and then re-evaluate near the end of the 12 months.

Maybe one day they’ll scale back the quantity and concentrate more on quantity.

Tbh, I can’t be bothered to cancel for a few months, only to turn it back on for when the next Ozark or Queens Gambit turns up (both arguably worth the fee alone).

That apathy is probably what Netflix are counting on.

Sharing accounts defo the way forward. Especially if they keep increasing their fees by 10 x inflation each year.

We're heading into the pandemic lull now too, where new content will be few and far between.

I need to sign up for a month soon to finish off Dark and watch a few films, but then I'll be done with it for a while as well I think.

Apple TV may well be getting a try for a few months.

Any sign of the latest season of Drive to Survive coming in March (as its previously landed a few weeks before the start of the F1 season)?

Updated 15-Feb-2021:

10th March - Last Chance U: Basketball S1
12th March - Paradise PD S2: part 2

For £4 from sky I'll keep on going. I think it's good value Ozark, Queens Gambit, News of the World, still going through Schitts Creek, How to get away with murder, trial of the chicago seven, lupin. Plenty keeping me interested.

Yes, the Ozark is stunning on Netflix. Watched the first 3 seasons in a row. Up there with Breaking Bad. The only thing is that Netflix is not as strong as they used to be. Little to none to watch. Price is also an issue. But it’s better then normal tv..

So finally puled the trigger and hit that cancel button, although I can still watch until the end of the current billing period on March 10th. I'm not finished with Netflix, I'll restart my sub every 6 months or so if there's been a build up of content I want to watch, then cancel again for another few months.

I've actually subbed to Disney+ plus today instead. If you sign up before February 23rd you get 6 months at the current price of £5.99 per month before the price increase kicks in. Also with the new "Star" service being added in a few days, catering more for the mature market, I figured it's the right time to try it out. I also like that you can watch UHD content on Disney+ with the standard sub, no higher tier, more expensive sub required.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom