What's new on Netflix UK for June 2022 - news discussion

Great to see Borgen back.

Great to see Borgen back.
Yep, but a shame that it's on Netflix... :(

We enjoyed the previous series but will have to wait until it's either available elsewhere (unlikely I guess) or if it gets a physical release. Suppose we could wait for all episodes to become available and then, pending reviews (just in case it completely drops the ball), just sign up for a month and binge watch it.

umbrella academy for us !!

One more month left for Netflix judgment Day.

If the person sharing the sub with me says no then I will be kissing Netflix for good. No way I am paying £16 a month.

I wouldn't mind £12 max per month though. I hope Netflix steers clear of the woke brigade.

Yep, but a shame that it's on Netflix... :(

We enjoyed the previous series but will have to wait until it's either available elsewhere (unlikely I guess) or if it gets a physical release. Suppose we could wait for all episodes to become available and then, pending reviews (just in case it completely drops the ball), just sign up for a month and binge watch it.
Yes I'm with you, the price is very heavy these days for a month. But after two years of dipping in and out for monthly binges there is now enough on there for me to stay for three months. I am really enjoying the Korean TV shows that it has, as well as the obvious Ozark, Saul etc...

I can't wait for Umbrella Academy and I'm enjoying Love, Death and Robots but I have to say I've not been making much use of my Netflix sub lately; it's part of my Sky package though, so it's not going anywhere.

They do need to consolidate their pricing and offerings though; none of the others charge for UHD and HDR.

They do need to consolidate their pricing and offerings though; none of the others charge for UHD and HDR.
I agree. I already stopped paying for the top tier months ago. There is only me and my wife that use our account and while I would like UHD, I’m not prepared to pay the premium for 4 streams when we rarely, if ever use more than one. No one in our family to share the account with, and as Nadine Dorres just discovered, they are clamping down on that anyway.

Keep the basic SD package if they have to, but £10 for one UHD stream, then £2 extra for each concurrent stream. How hard is that?

I cancelled just before the price rises, but just re subbed so I can get Ozark, Better Call Saul and Stranger Things watched, likely keep it for 1-2 months and cancel again.

I cancelled just before the price rises, but just re subbed so I can get Ozark, Better Call Saul and Stranger Things watched, likely keep it for 1-2 months and cancel again.
I cancelled over a year ago, waiting on all better call saul and stranger things then ill sub for 1 month. Then im done for good, unless there is another stranger things series.

They are really taking the piss with their charges for HDR tier, especially compared to apples £49.99 for a years subscription.
For £49 more than 12 months worth of Nettflix top tier, you can get Disney +, Apple TV and Amazon prime all with HDR content for 1 year. And as a bonus get free amazon deliveries.

Oh boy.

You're gonna go nuts when you see what the BBC have planned for Doctor Who. All that equality.

Well I don't pay TV license. Biased Broadcasting Corporation is not my cup of tea. :)

if you haven't already cancelled, this tripe will seal the deal. definitely angled at a mindless popcorn audience.
Really? There's some fantastic documentaries and foreign series available to watch and tbh, we're never stuck for decent quality things to watch. The reason I like Netflix is the lack of Hollywood popcrap for the most part.

The recent Ricky Gervais stand up comedy was hilarious and he points out EXACTLY what is wrong with our society and the brainless sheep masses in general. Absolutely brilliant.

Updated 05-Jun-2022:

13th June - Motherless Brooklyn (moved from 15th Jun)
20th June - The Craft: Legacy (new)
21st June - The Future Of (new)
26th June - Irresistible (new)
28th Jun - Spiral: From the Book of Saw (new)
30th Jun - Widows (new)

Last edited:
Pleased to see the underrated Diane Lane thriller 'Untraceable' is in the Top 4 on Netflix.

I can't find a thread for it yet so I'll post here...
I watched the first two episodes of The Umbrella Academy season 3 last night and it's excellent :)

I'd completely forgotten how S2 ended so it was really interesting to see where this season starts out.

Loads of action, loads of laughs and, as in previous season, some great music.
Footloose dance-off and No More Heroes in the first 14 minutes!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom