What's new on Netflix UK for July 2021

Roohster

Distinguished Member
No new zombie or superhero series is a welcome surprise :p
The 8th Night sounds really interesting.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
There's also supposedly a new season of I Think You Should Leave coming on the 6th for anyone who likes a car with a really great steering wheel that doesn't fly off while you're driving

TheHighFlyingBirds

Looking forward to the resident evil animated series, only recently watched damnation and vendetta after stumbling upon them whilst looking for something to watch.

Garioch

Distinguished Member
I liked Never Have I Ever S1. Didn't think it needed a second season but keen to see how they carry that story forward.

Buckster666

He man and Transformers is the only thing I'm interested in

Andy Bassett

Standard Member
Staff member
Updated 11-Jun-2021:

2nd July - Haseen Dillruba
7th July - Dogs S2
7th July - Cat People S1
15th July - Never Have I Ever S2 (confirmed)
29th July - Transformers: War for Cybertron: Kingdom (confirmed)
30th July - Outer Banks S2

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I hope dogs 2 has an episode dedicated to Ice in Italy, that's probably one of the best single episodes of TV I've seen.
Just amazing what joy a creature can bring, not just to his human family, but to everyone else in the town.

Morden

Thats me cancelled netflix now, hasnt been much for a while apart for me, apart for army of the dead.

I also liked jupiters legacy, which hasnt been renewed.

Since i shared disney plus with my grown up children, they are watching mostly that or prime and rarely watch netflix either. Both comented more films on both to watch.

Netflix's tier for 4k hdr cost at £13.99 a month has finally done it for me. Twice the cost of prime and nearly 3x disney + cost with both of these having no premium for hdr content.

I think from now on, ill wait a few months for new content i'm interested in to appear, then binge, then cancel, rinse repeat.

Amazon with their MGM new films and back catalog and disney + with their new marvel stuff like loki, black widow film , pixar, star wars etc and fox back catalog are more appealing for me.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Disney is £7.99, how is netflix almost three times that price? It's less than double.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I think from now on, ill wait a few months for new content i'm interested in to appear, then binge, then cancel, rinse repeat.

Amazon with their MGM new films and back catalog and disney + with their new marvel stuff like loki, black widow film , pixar, star wars etc and fox back catalog are more appealing for me.

The way I do it as well. Netflix really has gone down the pan in the last couple of years, far too much fluff now with the occasional gooden thrown in. Too few and far between.

Just my opinion anyway.

Whilst I'm typing I noticed tonight the Amazon channels are on their 99p offer again. Ends today. If anyone's interested. Starzplay, Shudder etc.

That's the type of value I like these days :)

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I paid £59 in march for my renewal for another 12 months of disney.

Netflix at 13.99 a month for a year is £167.88.
That's you though, you can't pay upfront for Netflix and the monthly payments are what I quoted. It was £4,99 a month when it starred so its already not far from doubling its price but I realise they added star to it.
The problem with all these services is the total monthly amount is getting out of control and something is going to have to give here.
Then again my friend pays over a hundred quid a month for sky!

Morden

That's you though, you can't pay upfront for Netflix and the monthly payments are what I quoted. It was £4,99 a month when it starred so its already not far from doubling its price but I realise they added star to it.
The problem with all these services is the total monthly amount is getting out of control and something is going to have to give here.
Then again my friend pays over a hundred quid a month for sky!
My post was my situation and why im cancelling netflix.

Disney was 49.99 1st year for me, so £10 increase on last year.
And given quality of disney content, along with star and 4k aliens incoming, I have no issues with 79.99 next year.

And as i said for me netflix more expensive than others double prime and nearly 3 times what i paid for this years disney (2.83 x to be exact).

If netflix were not greedy with hdr premium i might have kept it.

steve sph

My main issue with Netflix isn't cost, (although I'm hardly overjoyed at how the price has crept up of late), but more a lack of new content that interests me.
I'm not into futuristic claptrap, zombie apocalypse nonsense or how hard life can be for middle class American kids or housewives and that's all they seem to churn out nowadays.
I get that Covid has curtailed production, but until such time as they get their act together they can struggle on without my £13.99 a month.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
My main issue with Netflix isn't cost, (although I'm hardly overjoyed at how the price has crept up of late), but more a lack of new content that interests me.
I'm not into futuristic claptrap, zombie apocalypse nonsense or how hard life can be for middle class American kids or housewives and that's all they seem to churn out nowadays.
I get that Covid has curtailed production, but until such time as they get their act together they can struggle on without my £13.99 a month.
There’s an awful lot of cartoons and anime now too, F is for family and love,death,robots are the only ones that interest me tbf.
if it wasn't for some of the tv dramas and foreign thriller series I’d probably not bother either but we keep finding plenty of decent ones to watch

Last edited:

gunner84

Distinguished Member
I agree about Netflix, but I keep it because others in my family use it as well, I actually just cancelled Disney +, I just watch what I want then cancel and give it 2-3 months and I will subscribe again. I do wish Netflix would come out the dark ages and change the subscription plans and make HDR a non premium service like most others do.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches the Zen Stream Wi-Fi audio transport
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ruark R1 Mk4 radio gets summer makeover
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 23rd June 2021
  • By Phil Hinton