What's new on Netflix UK for January 2021

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Sorry, everything else seemed to pale into insignificance after reading the words...

"Nicolas Cage’s History of Swear Words"

Kotatsu Neko

Suspended
Assuming we actually have food to eat and electricity to burn in January, which I rather doubt, I'll give Pieces of a Woman, The White Tiger, and The Dig a watch. Quiet month though, perhaps the Netflix well of infinite content really is running dry at last.

ggwoodland

I am quite looking to Cobra Kai 3 the first 2 series were a lot better than expected

richp007

Distinguished Member
Cobra Kai for the win.

All streaming platforms will be limiting their new content now, to make up for the last 9 months of inactivity. Otherwise soon they will have literally nothing to offer.

I expect a dry few months ahead.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Enjoyed Cobra Kai S1, thought the last season was 80% filler, really disappointed.

showofdeth

Netflix used to be about quality. Now look at it. Mostly trash and ever increasing pricing.

One good thing in this particular list. ONE. Dredd.

FevreDream

Think it might be time to have a Netflix sabbatical, very slim pickings recently. January looks dire.

Tolq

Well, I suppose this will give me more of a chance to catch up with all the shows I haven't watched yet. Also, here's hoping Dredd will be available in 4K.

steve sph

Yep - another one here who'll be giving Netflix a rain check until the spring as there's precious little here to justify £13.99 a month.

FevreDream

Dread is great but I’ve already got that on UHD Blu Ray.

Tim2049

I still spend more time scrolling through Netflix than I do actually watching their content. Their quantity/quality ratio is pretty dire.

At least they mark their own content with a big 'N' though so it's easily avoidable...

Dredd is the best upcoming film here. Even though I own it on 4k blu, I'm really chuffed that it's going to find a wider audience.

Kotatsu Neko

Suspended
Netflix used to be about quality. Now look at it. Mostly trash and ever increasing pricing.

One good thing in this particular list. ONE. Dredd.

We're in the middle of a pandemic. Unless Netflix was to go big on content from New Zealand, South Korea and Taiwan they were obviously going to run dry. What did you expect?

And you're not forced to subscribe. Go ahead and cancel and see how much content Amazon and Disney have.

The_Wierd

Sorry, everything else seemed to pale into insignificance after reading the words...

"Nicolas Cage’s History of Swear Words"

Sounds like something Partridge would come up with...

steve sph

Nicolas Cage’s history of swear words, you have got to be sh*tting me.

It could be worse - Netflix could have released his back catalogue of films that mad me swear.
Which is pretty much all of 'em.
Mainly in amazement at how this imposter has managed to steal a living as an actor without anyone realising he can't act to save his life.

Kotatsu Neko

Suspended
Appalling, maybe there wasn't enough time to produce new stuff, but then, reduce the subscription price greedy @@@@@@@
If you seriously believe that Netflix isn't good value (spoiler- it's absurdly good value) then cancel your subscription. It's not rocket science.

richp007

Distinguished Member
It could be worse - Netflix could have released his back catalogue of films that mad me swear.
Which is pretty much all of 'em.
Mainly in amazement at how this imposter has managed to steal a living as an actor without anyone realising he can't act to save his life.

Cage can actually act, he's only bothered to do so on a very rare occasion.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of his catalogue to be honest. I mean who doesn't like Con Air and Face Off! :D

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
How did Shoot 'em Up and Valiant get relegated to the "also coming" section?

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Notice the dominance of female lead and female teen movies ? Overcompensation

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett