What's new on Netflix UK for February 2021 - news discussion

Quite possibly the best batch of announcements from Netflix ever. Loads I want to watch there!

Tribes of europa, news of the world and Invisible City look interesting to me

Red dot for me I think. I've only just started watching the American version of the office so I'm busy with that now, and almost at the end of season 2 of preacher on prime.

Red dot for me I think. I've only just started watching the American version of the office so I'm busy with that now, and almost at the end of season 2 of preacher on prime.

Preacher any good? Ive just started vikings and enjoying that, just finished bosch & yellowstone, they were both fantastic!

Preacher any good? Ive just started vikings and enjoying that, just finished bosch & yellowstone, they were both fantastic!
It's OK, certainly watchable and pretty enjoyable but not anywhere near the quality of shows like bordertown, godless, queen's gambit, stranger things, better call Saul, goliath or breaking bad.

It's OK, certainly watchable and pretty enjoyable but not anywhere near the quality of shows like bordertown, godless, queen's gambit, stranger things, better call Saul, goliath or breaking bad.

Ah!! Godless....what a show that was, bloody loved that. and yes agree with all of the above, may have to revisit bordertown as i didn't finish that for some reason!

Ah!! Godless....what a show that was, bloody loved that. and yes agree with all of the above, may have to revisit bordertown as i didn't finish that for some reason!
You must! They're making a film too, 'Sorjonen' I think it's called, after Kari.

American Graffiti! Great film especially for the cars and seeing Harrison Ford get his ass whipped (not literally)

Three for my list -- Space Sweepers, House Arrest Of Us and LittleBig Women. I just wish Netflix would show Extreme Job, a Korean film. I can't find it anywhere here in the UK.

good line up , though I wish they (and other streamers) would delve into studios less well known back catalogue of films from 60s, 70, 80s

Typically lacklustre. Although, it seems plenty of people here are satisfied with 'yeah it's pretty watchable i guess' levels of quality.

Our standards are slipping. If we're satisfied with 'just ok' then that's what we'll continue to get...

How about some older, more obscure releases? Perhaps it's because they don't want people to notice that quality can often far exceed their typical shitty Korean imports and predominantly mediocre Netflix Original material.

Most of their top quality content is simply lost in a sea of crap. Way of the world i suppose, applicable to so many things. Oh well...

Typically lacklustre. Although, it seems plenty of people here are satisfied with 'yeah it's pretty watchable i guess' levels of quality.

Our standards are slipping. If we're satisfied with 'just ok' then that's what we'll continue to get...

How about some older, more obscure releases? Perhaps it's because they don't want people to notice that quality can often far exceed their typical sh*tty Korean imports and predominantly mediocre Netflix Original material.

Most of their top quality content is simply lost in a sea of crap. Way of the world i suppose, applicable to so many things. Oh well...
Tbh , its a bit premature to call "lackluster" imo as we haven't been able to view any of it yet. There's certainly a few that look promising here to many.

On a different note i do also agree with you, Netflix have churned out some crap of late and tbh if i didn't use my father in laws Netflix i wouldn't be paying for it myself!

I find Prime cater a lot more towards the older films and shows which is often a welcome refreshment.

Last edited:
Updated 21-Jan-2021:

17th Feb:
Behind Her Eyes S1
27th Feb: Poldark S5

Last edited:
Fancy Red Dot too. How are you getting on the American Office? The wife and I are just binging it for the second time. An utter joy to watch, and the writing seems to get even better with each season (although takes a little downturn for the final one).

This is a great line up! We’re excited to continue the binging on all of above!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom