What's new on Netflix UK for December 2021 - news discussion

Not enough this month to make me want to resubscribe.

Only the witcher is of interest to me, ill wait until the final series of Better Call Saul has completed and subscribe for 1 month and watch the Witcher then as well.

I think unless Netflix gets some decent content its going to struggle, with others removing existing content,like Disney, Marvel, now Star Trek and proably Fox back catalog of films too.

And likely more in the future; Netflix needs to realise a big budget and big actors doesnt guarantee it will be good. It needs a decent script and direction too.

Will most likely subscribe again for The Witcher 2.
Would the entire 2nd series drop in one go? As I know some platforms release episodes on a weekly basis. Hopefully its the former.

Would the entire 2nd series drop in one go? As I know some platforms release episodes on a weekly basis. Hopefully its the former.

Pretty sure all episodes will be available at once. Netflix doesn’t usually drop shows weekly.

Hi Ace of Wands, the IMDb has all episodes of The Witcher season 2 dated 17th Dec, so it looks likely they'll all be available in one go.

The two biggies for me are new Danish cop thriller Enforcement and awards contender The Power Of The Dog.

That's a hell of a lot of stuff to watch and some really good content, especially the foreign series. Coyote sounds interesting.
Potentially one of the best months this year imo.

Yep it's the The Witcher for me that I'm most looking forward too. I'll also give Don't look up a go. Doesn't look like the greatest film but should be entertaining.

The Whole Nine Yards might get a go too. Never seen that one and probably come up in the same heading as above.

There were a couple of series mentioned that might get a go if time allows and I can get in from the beginning. Lost in space and Money Heist unless they are not as good as expected.

I would resubscribe for a month for The Witcher. Not much else for me really.

Hope they don't do it weekly like Discovery

Bit of an avalanche of content, which is nice I guess given that we'll all be on holiday.

If anyone hasn't already seen it, Tokyo Godfathers is a superb Christmas movie. One of Satoshi Kon's best, and literally everything he ever made was great.

Only The Witcher for me. I rewatched the first season, knowing this time that the first several episodes are set mostly decades before other events that seem to be happening at the same time. Truly pisspoor signposting, but once you know, you know. And so long as you can follow it, I think it's very decent. Not Game of Thrones decent – its scope is too narrow for that – but decent. And by the looks of the second season trailer it's about to really find its feet.

easily the best thing on Neflix in December is Cobra Kai

Updated 22-Nov-2021:

3rd Dec - The Steal
14th Dec - Russell Howard: Lubricant
16th Dec - Puff: Wonders of the Reef
29th Dec - Anxious People S1
31st Dec - Queer Eye S6

Tokyo Godfathers is a truly excellent film from a master filmmaker. Set at Christmas too. Other than that it's slim pickings. Bad Boys for Life only sticks in the memory as the plot kicks off because Will Smith has sex with a witch.

I’ve noticed there hasn’t been one of your posts about Prime in a few months, are you no longer mentioning them?

Or has there been nothing to note haha
Hi dan~,
The Amazon Prime Video listings are now included in the articles titled 'What's New on UK Streaming Services for X month'. These group together Disney+ UK, Amazon Prime Video UK and Apple TV+ content for the coming month.

As you say though, Prime Video generally has fewer announcements than the likes of Netflix.

Hope this helps.

A little off topic but I've just started to watch Dark on Netflix and i think it's really good.

If anybody hasn't yet seen it, give it a go you may be pleasantly surprised.

Some decent stuff coming up, I'm really looking forward to Don’t Look Up... and the return of Lost in Space.

The Power Of The Dog is the one that’s exciting me. Been waiting for a decent western.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom