What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Dark is high on my list to watch after the plaudits I've seen for it on here and elsewhere.
Probably one of the most complicated viewing you ever witness due to the various timelines, same characters in those timelines across so many years. That was the appeal for me anyway.
It is not easy viewing but once you figure it all out... *WOW*

richp007

Distinguished Member
Probably one of the most complicated viewing you ever witness due to the various timelines, same characters in those timelines across so many years. That was the appeal for me anyway.
It is not easy viewing but once you figure it all out... *WOW*
My mate went nuts about it, and he's watched it 3 times upto now. He's very upset I haven't watched it once yet :laugh:

Sounds like proper grown up fayre, with a bit of thought required as well.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
My mate went nuts about it, and he's watched it 3 times upto now. He's very upset I haven't watched it once yet :laugh:

Sounds like proper grown up fayre, with a bit of thought required as well.
Fair play to him..there is a lot to digest and understand.
If you can watch each season in one go. If possible.
For me, once you got into it, the season would end then you would have to wait...
By the time it returned you're trying to put the jigsaw pieces back together.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
1605775911366.png

nickj1000

Just watched Korean movie 'Time to hunt'. Well worth a look, used original language and english subtitles for this one as the English speaking did not go well!

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Close Encounters! I’m probably the only member of these forums that doesn’t own this film on 15 different physical formats.

Falling Down - a classic, still relevant today

Last of the Mohicans - a solid epic with a great score

The Prestige - Hard work, but one of Nolan’s best
All three are awesome old skool films.
Always remember Michael Douglas in that one....psycho with a buzz cut :)

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Michael Douglas suitcase opens in Falling Down and you find.......? Hahaha ( can you remember?)

nickj1000

All three are awesome old skool films.
Always remember Michael Douglas in that one....psycho with a buzz cut :)
Falling down is a great movie and such a change for Michael Douglas. The last of the Mohicans was terrific but I have never been able to get a good copy even on Blue Ray with the sweeping shots of the mountains and rivers. Started to watch the Prestige the other night, looks a bit ponderous but I will see it through as many recommend it

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Falling down is a great movie and such a change for Michael Douglas. The last of the Mohicans was terrific but I have never been able to get a good copy even on Blue Ray with the sweeping shots of the mountains and rivers. Started to watch the Prestige the other night, looks a bit ponderous but I will see it through as many recommend it
All three are great. The Prestige might need two viewings I recommend. Douglas was awesome and not something he was associated with at the time.. Mohicans I need to watch again..haven't seen it since on VHS :)
DDL always terrific in anything he was in..sadly now retired and continues to reside from his residence in Wales as a cobbler...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom