What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Galaxy Quest! :D Love that film.

The Miles Davis docco looks interesting too.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
They are running out of shows are they?
It's looking bland but in the Covid situation this is the best we're going to get (this goes for all the platforms).
This will obviously create a backlog even right up to the tail end of 2021 imo.

ggwoodland

Looking forward to Sabrina as quite a fan of that

Gordon2147

Although i agree things have been mediocre on the streaming services, barring the few highlights that I am a fan of (sci-fi), it is true that with out production, they are somewhat stuffed for exciting new content. however from this list, Mank looks like a good watch and I am looking forward to Oldman's performance, like it when he does straight characters.

Liked Galaxy Quest, but not too fussed about watching again, will try Midnight Sky, but have expectations under control for that.
Looks like i am going to hammer my 4K bluy rays this holiday.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Detention for me after skimming through that lot.

milano j

No price decreasing though.....but av been watching Suits......9 seasons worth missed out on thisback in the day

Kotatsu Neko

Pretty solid month. New movies from Fincher and Clooney are always worth a watch.

Jessica Noir

Cannot wait for Mank, it's been far too long since we last had a Fincher film and roll on his new contract with Netflix for more work from him. I avoid anything with James Corden more than I avoid Covid 19, so a musical with him in it can get in the sea. Do Netflix learn nothing from Cats?!

Some great catalogue titles though, Last of the Mohicans, Falling Down and the misunderstood avant-garde Sucker Punch. Which is good, but no-one ever believes me.:(

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Netflix strength I believe is their foreign content...
I watched stuff I have never heard off and I have surpassed over 300 tv series this year alone...

boabis

Close Encounters! I’m probably the only member of these forums that doesn’t own this film on 15 different physical formats.

Falling Down - a classic, still relevant today

Last of the Mohicans - a solid epic with a great score

The Prestige - Hard work, but one of Nolan’s best

richp007

Distinguished Member
For the record I don't actually own Close Encounters at all!

There is gonna come a point soon when there is a tremendous lull in new content because of the last 9 months.

I imagine we'll therefore see what new content there actually is spread out over several months.

Will give me a chance to catch up on a fair bit I've missed anyway!

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
For the record I don't actually own Close Encounters at all!

There is gonna come a point soon when there is a tremendous lull in new content because of the last 9 months.

I imagine we'll therefore see what new content there actually is spread out over several months.

Will give me a chance to catch up on a fair bit I've missed anyway!
All this talk of Close Encounters....

Think I'll have mashed potato for tea tonight...

Toon Army

Glad I still have plenty of stuff to watch in my wishlist from previous months.

nickj1000

Netflix strength I believe is their foreign content...
I watched stuff I have never heard off and I have surpassed over 300 tv series this year alone...
Yes the foreign content is often really good despite dubbing. I have reverted to some of these because it can get a bit boring with the same old faces. I have been pleasantly surprised with some high class korean productions and of course 'house of paper' (money heist) which is brilliant. You have to pick between the english dubbing which is sometimes very good but sometimes best to go for english subtitle when the dubbing is bad and have the original language.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Yes the foreign content is often really good despite dubbing. I have reverted to some of these because it can get a bit boring with the same old faces. I have been pleasantly surprised with some high class korean productions and of course 'house of paper' (money heist) which is brilliant. You have to pick between the english dubbing which is sometimes very good but sometimes best to go for english subtitle when the dubbing is bad and have the original language.
I have never watched a dubbed version, that would do my noggin :)
Original language with (CC) English subs all the way.
Some great Spanish stuff on show at present.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Yeah unless it's being played for laughs with the dubbing I always use subtitles.

I have an extensive list of foreign content to watch on Netflix, just haven't got round to it yet.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Yeah unless it's being played for laughs with the dubbing I always use subtitles.

I have an extensive list of foreign content to watch on Netflix, just haven't got round to it yet.
If you ease off on posting about how much of a disaster Brexit will be, you’ll have lots more time to catch up:laugh:;)

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Money heist one of my top shows. Any other spanish recommendations ?
You seen "Dark" (German) mind-blowing, won numerous awards?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett