What's new on Netflix UK for April 2021 - news discussion

Is it just me or did anyone else also noticed that many big names disappeared from Netflix during last months and instead it started to offer more and more Netflix production TV shows and films.

Viki is equally if not better for K Drama (and from Japan, China and Taiwan) The HD quality is equal to netflix and has a lot of top shows not on Netflix. The brilliant Mr.Queen, Penthouse and True Beauty are just some. Its cheaper than netflix. You will need an Android device like 4k firestick for best use.

I also find the translations on Viki a lot better than Netflix in that they sometimes provide a cultural context. My own view is that the streaming quality is not as good vs Netflix but still quite acceptable.

Updated 24-Mar-2021:

7th Apr: Dolly Parton: A MusiCares Tribute
13th Apr: My Love: Six Stories of True Love
14th Apr: The Circle S2
16th Apr: Arlo The Alligator Boy
30th Apr: The Mitchells vs. the Machines

Updated 29-Mar-2021:

1st Apr: Red Heat
2nd Apr: Run
14th Apr: The Soul
14th Apr: Why Did You Kill Me?
22nd Apr: Stowaway

I was watching Red Heat on Netflix and an early scene in a bar and all the Russian speaking parts did not display subtitles, only way to get them was by enabling the closed caption subtitles.
This was on internal app on my LG oled.
Anyone able to test see if they get same?

I’ve cancelled my sub for a while, the new stuff just doesn’t excite me at all. I did however sub to Starzplay (£1.99 for 6 months) instead and catching up on the Stephen King series on there. I’ll resub again to Netflix later in the year.

@tazmago you are right. Netflix did change a lot. It had a few bad months. But recently they have started to add more interesting films/shows.

Love and Monsters. Like Zombieland but with monsters and less laughs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom