What's new on Netflix UK for April 2021 - news discussion

I'll read the comments about "Night in Paradise" and "Thunder Force" first, and then I'll think if it's worth watching. 🧐 The rest of the shows could not interest me at all ...

Curve isn’t a bad low budget thriller from Blumhouse. Had two different endings on the DVD. Don’t expect it to be brilliant but it’s a diverting ninety odd minutes.

Three there for me: Night In Paradise, Thunder Force and Madame Claude. Interesting that there's now a lot of older films listed. Thin pickings, due to the on-going pandemic, no doubt.

At the risk of repeating myself, just why isn't Netflix airing the Korean film Extreme Job? It's right at the top of my list but can't be had in the UK at present. Netflix really is the best place to go for K-drama, and the film is conspicuous by its absence, in my book.

Just this morning I was charged £14 for my Netflix. My account is now cancelled. From 6.99 to 14.00 and content quality seems to be going backwards.

Just this morning I was charged £14 for my Netflix. My account is now cancelled. From 6.99 to 14.00 and content quality seems to be going backwards.
Yeah 14 is now pretty steep... And much more than I pay for any other streaming service - I wonder if they're going to start seeing an exodus if they keep this up.

Not at present. When things start to return to how they were, then maybe, but until collectively we’re clear of lockdowns and other restrictions I think that people will put up with the increased charges.

Not at present. When things start to return to how they were, then maybe, but until collectively we’re clear of lockdowns and other restrictions I think that people will put up with the increased charges.
Probably no! There are too many services to view. Therefore, viewers are already unsubscribing. As a result, the price was increased so that the profit of the service did not decrease. But as the cost rises, the care will only continue ...

Agreed. I’ve unsubscribed a couple of times recently for a few months at a time. With the dribble of anything worth watching being so slow, I only need to have it for a month again and I easily catch up. And at least that way my amortised spend is less than it would have been on the old rates. (Ironically of it was the old rate still, I wouldn’t bother to cancel and have to ply this game).
With Amazon, Disney and even Apple, there’s so much content around that Netflix seem to be seriously getting the directions of their ‘pricing to quality content’ ratio, the wrong way around!

I didn’t. Cancelled Netflix last month and subbed to Disney+ instead. Got in just before the D+ price increase too, so I pay £5.99 a month for a year if I stay subscribed.

It’s horses for courses though, isn’t it? There’s nothing on Disney that interests me, but there is on Netflix, so I either pay or go without.

I didn’t. Cancelled Netflix last month and subbed to Disney+ instead. Got in just before the D+ price increase too, so I pay £5.99 a month for a year if I stay subscribed.
Nice, I thought the cheaper price was until around August time, I missed the cheaper price as was subbed for the year previously and Disney didn't seem to let me switch over, still I dont mind subbing at the new price. I cancelled Prime the other day and dropped Netflix tier to HD.

Another Netflix 'pay for one month and binge yourself senseless before cancelling for another three months' punter here.
There simply isn't enough new product that interests me enough to maintain a subscription - if I see another bloody dystopian futuristic sci-fi series, annoying American teen coming-of-age drama or some daft dungeons and dragons claptrap I may resort to hurling cushions at the telly.
Or even talking to the wife.

Nice, I thought the cheaper price was until around August time, I missed the cheaper price as was subbed for the year previously and Disney didn't seem to let me switch over, still I dont mind subbing at the new price. I cancelled Prime the other day and dropped Netflix tier to HD.

I think the 6 month thing was for existing customers, 12 months at the old price was for brand new customers who subscribed before February 19th.

Another Netflix 'pay for one month and binge yourself senseless before cancelling for another three months' punter here.
There simply isn't enough new product that interests me enough to maintain a subscription - if I see another bloody dystopian futuristic sci-fi series, annoying American teen coming-of-age drama or some daft dungeons and dragons claptrap I may resort to hurling cushions at the telly.
Or even talking to the wife.

It's the only way to do it for me. There's absolutely nothing (in my opinion) worth subscribing to for 12 months solid these days. Especially after the pandemic, new content will be thin on the ground for a long time.

I need to hop back onto the Netflix train to watch the final season of Dark and a few films like News of the World, Mank, and then I'll be off again.

Netflix is unfortunately just becoming more of a junkfest for an ever increasing price. At least Disney and Apple are half the price.

There certainly is less must-see stuff on Netflix at present, for me, at least. That said, these things come in cycles. One day, there's nothing that I fancy, the next there's over a dozen titles in my list. I'm sure that things will improve once the pandemic eases, but it doesn't change the fact that all of these companies are in business to earn money, and they will increase their prices in a way that they thing that most punters will tolerate. The pandemic is hindering their plans at present, which would explain why there's been a sharp uptick in the availability of foreign language programming and old films. But for some people, that will tempt them to continue to subscribe.

Updated 17-Mar-2021:

1st Apr: In the Name of the Father
1st Apr: Outcast
1st Apr: Sky High
7th Apr: This is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Heist
9th Apr: Have You Ever Seen Fireflies?
11th Apr: A Star is Born
14th Apr: Love and Monsters

Updated 17-Mar-2021:

1st Apr: In the Name of the Father
1st Apr: Outcast
1st Apr: Sky High
7th Apr: This is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Heist
9th Apr: Have You Ever Seen Fireflies?
11th Apr: A Star is Born
14th Apr: Love and Monsters
Very pleased to finally see Love And Monsters landing. Easily the highlight of the April releases.

Three there for me: Night In Paradise, Thunder Force and Madame Claude. Interesting that there's now a lot of older films listed. Thin pickings, due to the on-going pandemic, no doubt.

At the risk of repeating myself, just why isn't Netflix airing the Korean film Extreme Job? It's right at the top of my list but can't be had in the UK at present. Netflix really is the best place to go for K-drama, and the film is conspicuous by its absence, in my book.
Viki is equally if not better for K Drama (and from Japan, China and Taiwan) The HD quality is equal to netflix and has a lot of top shows not on Netflix. The brilliant Mr.Queen, Penthouse and True Beauty are just some. Its cheaper than netflix. You will need an Android device like 4k firestick for best use.

Sadly, no sign of Extreme Job when I checked, but certainly something to keep an eye on.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom