What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020 - news discussion

If I time it right and don't jump in too early, a month's subscription will let me binge Mando, Wandavision and The Right Stuff doc. That's worth £5.99.

Will we ever get air crash investigation like the US version of Disney+ ?

If I time it right and don't jump in too early, a month's subscription will let me binge Mando, Wandavision and The Right Stuff doc. That's worth £5.99.

Yep my plan as well.

No way I'm watching one episode a week of The Mandalorian for 2 months.

Watched shield as it came out in the US - it's a bit weird the first half.. but a good one to watch
So between that, Mando and potentially Wandavision looks to actually be a half decent month for D+ :thumbsup:

The slimmest of pickings to say the least.

All I want to know is, where is Condorman? Come on Disney, you have a minor 80s classic sitting in the vault, release it!

Q: is the final season of Marvel Agents of Shield exclusive to Disney Plus or is it coming to E4 also?

I've stuck with it so kinda need to see it through...

Watchlist has stopped working for me on Disney+ for all devices. It is empty and new items when added do not appear in it. Sony TV, APPLETV4K, iPAD. All empty

I very much hope that I am wrong but I very much doubt that Wandavision will start in November. Disney are not going to have their only two premium series so far running at the same time. Season 2 of The Mandalorian is airing just as subscribers in North America's one year subscription is about to run out. Disney wants those subscribers to sign up for another year so they are going to stretch out an episode a week for as long as they can to keep those US viewers onboard.

I reckon that Wandavision will start either a week or two after The Mandalorian S2 finale (Friday, 18th of December). So, possibly, Wandavision ep1 on Christmas Day, or a few days before. Or maybe even 1st of January, or a few days before.

I reckon The Falcon & The Winter Soldier will start a few weeks after the Wandavision season finale. Timed to entice European subscribers to renew their one year subscription. So, probably either the 12th or 19th of March.

Q: is the final season of Marvel Agents of Shield exclusive to Disney Plus or is it coming to E4 also?

I've stuck with it so kinda need to see it through...
Hi Steven, from what I've read, E4 won't be showing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D series 7, so House of Mouse is your only bet I'm afraid.

If anyone has more updated info, please chime in.

I very much hope that I am wrong but I very much doubt that Wandavision will start in November. Disney are not going to have their only two premium series so far running at the same time. Season 2 of The Mandalorian is airing just as subscribers in North America's one year subscription is about to run out. Disney wants those subscribers to sign up for another year so they are going to stretch out an episode a week for as long as they can to keep those US viewers onboard.

I reckon that Wandavision will start either a week or two after The Mandalorian S2 finale (Friday, 18th of December). So, possibly, Wandavision ep1 on Christmas Day, or a few days before. Or maybe even 1st of January, or a few days before.

I reckon The Falcon & The Winter Soldier will start a few weeks after the Wandavision season finale. Timed to entice European subscribers to renew their one year subscription. So, probably either the 12th or 19th of March.
Hi Purperen, I suspect that you are probably correct in your summation regarding WandaVision... but the rumour was a good excuse to shoehorn the trailer into the article!

Hi Purperen, I suspect that you are probably correct in your summation regarding WandaVision... but the rumour was a good excuse to shoehorn the trailer into the article!
I'll be over the moon if I'm wrong, Andy. Here's hoping I am and it starts in four weeks time!

Yep my plan as well.

No way I'm watching one episode a week of The Mandalorian for 2 months.

Has it been confirmed The Mandalorian S2 is an episode a week for however long? I too was waiting to binge S1 and S2 in one month as its pretty much all that interests me and the kids (I'm sure that will change once its activated etc. but for now that's all we want to watch).

Has it been confirmed The Mandalorian S2 is an episode a week for however long? I too was waiting to binge S1 and S2 in one month as its pretty much all that interests me and the kids (I'm sure that will change once its activated etc. but for now that's all we want to watch).

It has.

And yes I agree with @Purperen with regards to the timing of the releases. It makes good business sense - and Disney like to do business!

You certainly won't find me subscribing for a year though after seeing the last 7 months content, 1 or 2 at most for me. I'm not particularly bothered about Falcon and Winter Soldier, but I'll keep an open mind with regards to it. I'll try and time a month to catch both Mando and Wandavision, and that will likely do me for a while.

Heading into next year and longer term, I do wonder what "new" content they're going to entice people with.

It has.

And yes I agree with @Purperen with regards to the timing of the releases. It makes good business sense - and Disney like to do business!

You certainly won't find me subscribing for a year though after seeing the last 7 months content, 1 or 2 at most for me. I'm not particularly bothered about Falcon and Winter Soldier, but I'll keep an open mind with regards to it. I'll try and time a month to catch both Mando and Wandavision, and that will likely do me for a while.

Heading into next year and longer term, I do wonder what "new" content they're going to entice people with.

Thanks for the confirmation. If it finishes Dec 18th or thereabouts then my month of subbing will fit nicely over any festive holidays from work / school to get the 2 series binged.

Funny looking back at the predictions of doom around Netflix when Disney announced that they were getting into the streaming business. I guess there's more to world dominance than a load of catalogue kids movies.

Netflix are untouchable, and likely will be for many years to come.

The Star Wars: Cassian Andor series is rumoured to start production next week and the Obi-Wan Kenobi tv show starts shooting early next year so both should make it onto screen next year with season 3 of The Mandalorian. Ms Marvel is also rumoured to start production early next year so that's The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Loki, and Marvel's What if? and, likely, Ms Marvel all on-air in 2021.

Outside of Star Wars and the MCU? With the recent announcement from Disney that Disney+ is taking over from the theme parks as the corporation's No.1 priority, I reckon there are going to be a whole host of big announcements of tv shows in the next 6 months or so. The Willow series is definitely moving forward with John M. Chu as showrunner. I bet Disney exec's and creatives are franticly looking around at all their intellectual properties and franchises at the moment. I haven't read any rumours so this is pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a reboot of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles or a series set in the Tron universe. The new technology used on The Mandalorian showed that exotic locations and high quality effects work can be done on a tv show budget now.

The Star Wars: Cassian Andor series is rumoured to start production next week and the Obi-Wan Kenobi tv show starts shooting early next year so both should make it onto screen next year with season 3 of The Mandalorian. Ms Marvel is also rumoured to start production early next year so that's The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Loki, and Marvel's What if? and, likely, Ms Marvel all on-air in 2021.

Outside of Star Wars and the MCU? With the recent announcement from Disney that Disney+ is taking over from the theme parks as the corporation's No.1 priority, I reckon there are going to be a whole host of big announcements of tv shows in the next 6 months or so. The Willow series is definitely moving forward with John M. Chu as showrunner. I bet Disney exec's and creatives are franticly looking around at all their intellectual properties and franchises at the moment. I haven't read any rumours so this is pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a reboot of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles or a series set in the Tron universe. The new technology used on The Mandalorian showed that exotic locations and high quality effects work can be done on a tv show budget now.

I'd be very surprised to see both Cassian and Obi-Wan on our screens in 2021. I'd also be doubtful with The Mandalorian to be honest.

Other things you mention there are a long way off, I was kind off talking over the next 12 months. And I can only think of very slim pickings to be honest.

It's just too narrow. Netflix, Amazon, HBO and the rest don't limit themselves to just a few categories. There's only so much they can milk Star Wars and kids stuff before people unsubscribe.

It's just too narrow. Netflix, Amazon, HBO and the rest don't limit themselves to just a few categories. There's only so much they can milk Star Wars and kids stuff before people unsubscribe.

Do you ever stop moaning? Like seriously? Now TV, Apple TV, Disney+ - Doesn’t matter what it is, you’ll find some sort of negative to have a whine about.

How about you just unsub given you’re not getting what you want (if you even have a subscription that is) and then you don’t have to worry about what is or isn’t on these services.

I suspect that the overwhelming majority enjoy what’s on the service and you are very much in the minority.

Disney will happily get another years sub from us as the value is ridiculously good.

Onto the topic in hand....

We just got through Agents of Shield S4 last night after a long hiatus. Best season so far! So to know we can catch up with the rest and will have S7 to watch as well is great news.

Putting ethics aside, as long as I am able to share my D+ account with another person, I am happy to pay £30 per year for subscription. I have used D+ significantly more than Netflix thanks to the collection of MCU, Star Wars, Pixar and Disney films. The chances of the films being deleted is 1 in a million.

Anyone tried to cancel their monthly sub to see if they offer any deal to retain you? I'd pay £30 for an annual sub for sure, but £6 pcm is a wee bit too much given what little I watch on there (not a big Marvel fan).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom