What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020 - news discussion

Is it worth paying the sub for Disney if you're not much for the star wars franchise? The Disney app wasn't available for my old tv so I never gave it any thought til now.

Do they show the old cartoons and stuff?

Eh.
Possible Oscar worthy Pixar animation.
Pretty much definite WandaVision
Continuing Mandalorian
Puppy Dog Pals S3.

Seems like a great month to me.

I thought Wandavision was already confirmed for January/Feb after Mandalorian? Or have I just dreamed that?

Eh.
Continuing Mandalorian

Seems like a great month to me.
I’ve not got Disney+ yet but that mean, when it comes to the platform it’s not guaranteed to stay?

I was hoping Disney+ was going to get it right with this streaming service and have everything on it forever

I thought Wandavision was already confirmed for January/Feb after Mandalorian? Or have I just dreamed that?

Yep January 15th

Nothing there for me, I’ll watch Mulan but only to see whether it is as bad as critics say.

I’ve been holding off Mandalorian S2 so I can binge watch it - that will be Christmas Holiday viewing.

I want to watch The Right Stuff too, but after that I can’t see anything to make me renew my subscription.

Cheers,

Nigel

Wandavision was February I thought? Aside from that December seems to be the first month that seems worth it. Soul and Mulan for £2.50 each. Can't really argue with that.

Eragon is basically Star Wars but with dragons. Luke, Leia, Obi Wan and Darth Vader are all there.

I think Disney + is ok with mandalorian and agents of shield in Dolby vision. Soul looks interesting as a film so for £4 month this is pretty good for me- george

Wandavision was February I thought? Aside from that December seems to be the first month that seems worth it. Soul and Mulan for £2.50 each. Can't really argue with that.

Screenshot_20201122-142021_Twitter.jpg

Is it worth paying the sub for Disney if you're not much for the star wars franchise? The Disney app wasn't available for my old tv so I never gave it any thought til now.

Personally I wouldn't do a year subscription at full price. Being into my 3D films I have the marvel, Star Wars films and any Disney 3D ones. I've only had my money's worth because I've watched the mandalorian and am currently binging Star Wars the clones wars (both excellent by the way) but I'll probably just do the odd monthly subscription once it ends to binge what I want and save money. For £35 it was worth it, £60 not sure. Hope that helps.....

I've got the sub mainly for my 6 year old. For kids stuff it's great. I wouldn't bother otherwise. That said, at the moment for me it's worth the monthly cost just for The Mandalorian! Obviously that's not relevant if you're not into Star Wars.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't do a year subscription at full price. Being into my 3D films I have the marvel, Star Wars films and any Disney 3D ones. I've only had my money's worth because I've watched the mandalorian and am currently binging Star Wars the clones wars (both excellent by the way) but I'll probably just do the odd monthly subscription once it ends to binge what I want and save money. For £35 it was worth it, £60 not sure. Hope that helps.....

Agree, exactly the same. I liked Star Wars Rebels too, and to a lessor extent Star Wars Resistance.

I had intended to get it for a few months, but was then tempted by the £49 pre-order. And I am really pleased with the value I got from it.

But when it comes to renew in April, I’m not sure there will be anything left to watch. So maybe that will be a month here and there as needed, unless they offer me another deal on the full year.

Cheers,

Nigel

I've got the sub mainly for my 6 year old. For kids stuff it's great. I wouldn't bother otherwise. That said, at the moment for me it's worth the monthly cost just for The Mandalorian! Obviously that's not relevant if you're not into Star Wars.

Well that's the reason Disney exists. They make stuff for kids. That's it. That's all they do.

For us adults we have Netflix and Amazon.

So there is none of the old school cartoons? Mind you nostalgia is maybe left with rose tinted glases!

I might do a month's sub to watch the animated star wars stuff. I don't mind star wars, just don't understand the hype around. It's watchable, though if give none of the films more then a 7/10 - new or old!

Soul is really good IMO and I'm looking forward to finally being able to see Mulan, so the December selection gets a :thumbsup: from me.

So there is none of the old school cartoons? Mind you nostalgia is maybe left with rose tinted glases!

I might do a month's sub to watch the animated star wars stuff. I don't mind star wars, just don't understand the hype around. It's watchable, though if give none of the films more then a 7/10 - new or old!
They have the old xmen cartoons, I started and gave up. Your right remember it for being good as a kid. I too don't understand the Star Wars hype, the films are good, but I'm not a Star Wars super fan, though I've really enjoyed the series. do they do a free trial?

The other thing I find is with all the different subscription services any you have for a year always give way for a binge watch of something else! Monthly for a binge watch for sure

Well that's the reason Disney exists. They make stuff for kids. That's it. That's all they do.

For us adults we have Netflix and Amazon.
True, but they do own a whole bunch of studios that make proper stuff. Be nice if they had some sort of strategy to make that enormous back catalogue accessible.

I'm glad this is a different conversation to the one we have absolutely every single month. It just keeps this interesting, you know? Dynamic!
The only thing I'm on tenterhooks about is: what on earth will we talk about on the January Disney thread?

I'm glad this is a different conversation to the one we have absolutely every single month. It just keeps this interesting, you know? Dynamic!
The only thing I'm on tenterhooks about is: what on earth will we talk about on the January Disney thread?
"Another disappointing month. No mando now so really just Wandavision but we'll see if that's any good"

Hopefully cinema releases start in January though and then can filter in D+ by April.. :laugh:

Disney may be for adults if the rumours are true Disney 18+ combined with 20c.fox content if true this will a big boost for disney. link:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom