What's new on Disney+ UK for August 2020 - news discussion

Another light month for Disney. I wonder how much they have in the can. They're clearly rationing stuff, drip feeding subscribers the tiniest amount they can get away with. The time will come when Disney, along with every other provider will simply run out of content.

Still, they haven't deemed Condorman worthy of re-release yet, so my wait goes on.

I guess all the streaming services will have to ration content as due to the large break due to the virus, nothing was being made, so it will have an effect.

Any new Phineas and Ferb is welcomed by my son (and maybe me *cough*)

There’s a dozen seasons of wicked tuna. Why have only got one? This is crappy. Ice road rescue is pretty good but there’s a dearth of decent Nat geo content.

I thought Ant Man and The Wasp was already available?

Last edited:
I'm just pleased I didn't sign up for a year!

I watched The Mandalorian, The Imagineering Story and The World According to Jeff Goldblum then cancelled my subscription. I have it until August 5th but I haven't logged in for weeks now.

I'm just pleased I didn't sign up for a year!

I watched The Mandalorian, The Imagineering Story and The World According to Jeff Goldblum then cancelled my subscription. I have it until August 5th but I haven't logged in for weeks now.
It's good value if like me you haven't seen most of the Marvel films.

The One and Only Ivan confirmed for 21st August on Disnery+ UK, not 14th August - article updated.

I guess all the streaming services will have to ration content as due to the large break due to the virus, nothing was being made, so it will have an effect.

Yup agree , even worse for D+ being so close its itsr release and the pandemic . Netflix and Amazon would of had much more content in their pipelines when the pandemic hit production .

I think Disney + represents fantastic value for money...well worth £49.99 for the year(even better when you can get the us version included too!) Now things are getting g back to some kind of normality the 4k dolby vision and atmos sound can be really impressive for a streaming service,and having the star wars,marvel,Pixar,Disney catalogue avaliable at your fingertips is worth it....but like anythng its all down to what its worth to people...

I took Disney+ out for a year based on the introduction deal. My two children are grown up so my views are based on an adult audience.

I think the app and the presentation of the material is great. I’m working through Clone Wars and then will watch the Mandalorian, plus the occasional film. Really happy with that for what I have paid but I fear once they have finished I will struggle to find enough value - as it stands I can’t see myself renewing for a second year, instead I will wait and then take out a month or two to binge.

Likewise can see me binging BritBox and Apple+ for a few months.

To be honest, I can’t keep up with Netflix on its own and I watch more TV then I probably should.

Cheers,

Nigel

I'm personally finding very little to keep me coming back on Disney plus.

Given the broadcasting and movie producing commodities Disney owns, I had hoped for some more mature content from disney partners. I had hoped this would become a rival to netflix etc with perhaps a passworded mature section where it pulled in from content not usually associated with traditional disney.

Only reason I'm continuing to pay now is that I let family members use it for their kids.

Be nice if they included all the Fox stuff. I don't really understand the insistence of only kid friendly content. It would be easy to segregate it.

Be nice if they included all the Fox stuff. I don't really understand the insistence of only kid friendly content. It would be easy to segregate it.

The clue is in the name (Disney). You will or should get some of the Fox content being hosted, but only if it is kid friendly. The Disney+ service was never intended to be an adult service and is purposely intended to appeal to kids and or adults wanting to avoid more adult orientated content.

You'd be surprised at the number of parents that simply don;'t want or need the kind of content you are wanting access to.

It is a kids service that caters to kids and young teens.

Even the Avatar film available via the Disney+ service has 2 versions available, the regular theatrical cut and another "Family Edition" of the same cut whereby the more "objectional" language has been removed.

The clue is in the name (Disney). You will or should get some of the Fox content being hosted, but only if it is kid friendly. The Disney+ service was never intended to be an adult service and is purposely intended to appeal to kids and or adults wanting to avoid more adult orientated content.

You'd be surprised at the number of parents that simply don;'t want or need the kind of content you are wanting access to.

It is a kids service that caters to kids and young teens.

Even the Avatar film available via the Disney+ service has 2 versions available, the regular theatrical cut and another "Family Edition" of the same cut whereby the more "objectional" language has been removed.
Like I said, they could separate it and their service would have broader appeal. I know it's currently a kids service. That's obvious.

I think I saw more flour in the shops during April than Disney has new content. What a poor line up.

They did well to hook many people in with that £50 offer. Especially what happened with them reducing the quality as well for a bit.

I managed to use the 7 day trial to watch The Mandalorian then I haven't even looked since. Not interested in the slightest and I own most Disney stuff I'm interested in on disc or digital already.

I'll have a look again when the Marvel TV stuff drops.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom