What's new on Disney+ UK and Amazon Prime Video UK for April 2021 - news discussion

What a dull selection of content for April. At least Falcon/WS will still be releasing on a weekly basis on D+.

Palm Springs is a absolute gem of a film. One of those very rare romantic comedies that are actually laugh out loud funny. Been dying to see Sound of Metal and Nomadland since their festival run, so great we can finally get to see them.

The trailer for The Mauritanian seems interesting.

Palm Springs is a absolute gem of a film. One of those very rare romantic comedies that are actually laugh out loud funny.
Agree! The film is really funny, and most importantly, original and non-standard. :thumbsup:

And yes, in April, nothing really interested. Although Big Shot could be watched ... I love these teenage dramas, although I myself am far from that age.

Nomadland - looking forward to this

From a film perspective, it looks to be a really strong month - The Mauritanian, Palm Springs, Sound Of Metal and Without Remorse alone is a hell of a line up...

Sound of metal sounds (or not) interesting, original too.

Palm Springs is a absolute gem of a film. One of those very rare romantic comedies that are actually laugh out loud funny. Been dying to see Sound of Metal and Nomadland since their festival run, so great we can finally get to see them.
Palm Springs is good but it could have been so, so much more enjoyable without all the extreme, pointless profanity, particularly at the beginning. The characters came across as morons.

Why are Disney and prime lumped together here?

Maybe it’s because neither release vast amounts of new content each month.

From a film perspective, it looks to be a really strong month - The Mauritanian, Palm Springs, Sound Of Metal and Without Remorse alone is a hell of a line up...
Yes, totally agree. Sound Of Metal (finally!!!) is one of my most anticipated 2021 movies. Very much looking forward to Palm Springs, Without Remorse and The Mauritanian too. With Nomadland landing on Star too, April is one seriously good month for new content.

Not quite reverent to this thread as first episode is available now. Watched the first episode of Next and it got me hooked into the series when future episodes are released .

Quite enjoyed Flash Forward when it aired a few years ago (on SyFy or FX or something I think). Wasn't it cancelled after two seasons though?

Quite enjoyed Flash Forward when it aired a few years ago (on SyFy or FX or something I think). Wasn't it cancelled after two seasons though?
Think it only lasted the one. Shame, as I fancied it too. Won't bother though knowing there isn't a conclusion...

Updated 17-Mar-2021: Disney+
2nd Apr: Filthy Rich S1
2nd Apr: Star Wars: Clone Wars S1-3
2nd Apr: The Ewok Adventure
2nd Apr: Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
2nd Apr: Star Wars: Ewoks S1-2
2nd Apr: The Story of the Faithful Wookie
16th Apr: Earth Moods

Updated 17-Mar-2021: Amazon Prime Video
1st Apr: Click
1st Apr: Dunkirk
1st Apr: Elysium
1st Apr: Ghostbusters 1984
1st Apr: Ghostbusters 2016
1st Apr: Goosebumps
1st Apr: Sausage Party
1st Apr: The Dissident
1st Apr: The LEGO Movie: The Second Part
5th Apr: American Hustle
5th Apr: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
12th Apr: The Other Boleyn Girl
15th Apr: The Bodyguard
16th Apr: Leonardo S1
22nd Apr: Mile 22
23rd Apr: Shazam!
28th Apr: Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
28th Apr: Austin Powers in Goldmember
28th Apr: Olympus Has Fallen
28th Apr: London Has Fallen
29th Apr: Crazy, Stupid, Love
30th Apr: Blades of Glory
30th Apr: Love Fraud S1

Last edited:
Updated 17-Mar-2021: Disney+
16th Apr: Earth Moods

Updated 17-Mar-2021: Amazon Prime Video
1st Apr: Click
1st Apr: Dunkirk
1st Apr: Elysium
1st Apr: Ghostbusters 1984
1st Apr: Ghostbusters 2016
1st Apr: Goosebumps
1st Apr: Sausage Party
1st Apr: The Dissident
1st Apr: The LEGO Movie: The Second Part
5th Apr: American Hustle
5th Apr: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
12th Apr: The Other Boleyn Girl
15th Apr: The Bodyguard
16th Apr: Leonardo S1
22nd Apr: Mile 22
23rd Apr: Shazam!
28th Apr: Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
28th Apr: Austin Powers in Goldmember
28th Apr: Olympus Has Fallen
28th Apr: London Has Fallen
29th Apr: Crazy, Stupid, Love
30th Apr: Blades of Glory
30th Apr: Love Fraud S1
Did wonder what was happening to The Dissident as it was originally being released by Altitude in March. Add another to the April watchlist!

Think it only lasted the one. Shame, as I fancied it too. Won't bother though knowing there isn't a conclusion...
Yep, only the one season. I think I remember we enjoyed it at the time but were really annoyed as it finished on a cliffhanger (don't they all?!) and never returned. :(

Exactly, very strong line up from Amazon.

Updated 18-Mar-2021: Disney+
2nd Apr: Bob's Burgers S1-10
2nd Apr: Father of the Bride
2nd Apr: Father of the Bride II
2nd Apr: Gnomeo & Juliet
2nd Apr: Running Wild with Bear Grylls S5
2nd Apr: The Help
2nd Apr: Wicked Tuna S9
9th Apr: Criminal Minds S1-15
9th Apr: Dangerous Minds
9th Apr: Dinosaurs S1-4
9th Apr: Filthy Rich S1
9th Apr: Grey's Anatomy S16
9th Apr: Solar Opposites S2
16th Apr: Baby's Day Out
16th Apr Grown-ish S1-2
16th Apr: The Big Year
16th Apr: Predators
23rd Apr: Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie
23rd Apr: Dino Ranch S1
23rd Apr: Fosse / Verdon Limited Series
23rd Apr: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
23rd Apr: Morgan
30th Apr: 9-1-1 S3
30th Apr: Armageddon
30th Apr: Mira, Royal Detective
30th Apr: Grown-ish S3
30th Apr: Secrets of Sulphur Springs
30th Apr: The 25th Hour
30th Apr: White Fang 2: Myth of the White Wolf

It's interesting that Disney+ UK currently has Flashforward S1 on its Star Channel and Amazon Prime Video UK will apparently be showing it from 12th April, while Prime Video UK has seasons 1-10 of Bob's Burgers which will all be coming to Disney+UK on 2nd April.

Will these shows immediately drop off their current streaming platforms or show concurrently on both for a while?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom