What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for September 2021 - news discussion

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers Mark, a pretty eclectic selection there. Almost tempted to blind buy Luz: The Flower of Evil just as a late night 'mood piece'. Several others you mention will be going straight onto my rental list, thank you! A very good read, as always...

Cheers Mark, a pretty eclectic selection there. Almost tempted to blind buy Luz: The Flower of Evil just as a late night 'mood piece'. Several others you mention will be going straight onto my rental list, thank you! A very good read, as always...
Thanks mate.

It’s been a pretty eclectic month! I desperately want to get an Indicator set in here but they delayed their Noir #4 to the 27th and I couldn’t have squeezed it in, let alone some additional esoteric titles like Johnny Guitar…….

Luz is fascinating- so much style and so very little substance, if that’s your bag it’s well worth it.

If anyone doesn’t have Shudder (the horror streaming service), Acorn are picking the best of their films to put out on disk at the moment as well.

But the best of this bunch are obviously Mr Klein and Dual by Death. Both very different bangers!

Last edited:
Thanks for the round up, I have put Duel To The Death, Luz And Belzebuth on my Cinema Paradiso list.

Cheers Coz. I have never heard of Mr Klein so Im definitely going to check that one out.

I wont say much about your Fire Walk With Me score except that you're wrong! ;)
Frankly Jim I’m amazed I stayed with it as long as I did!!!!! I was expecting the entire film to be like those rando FBI segments that went straight over my head, but almost all the actual Twin Peaks stuff was surprisingly cogent…….for Lynch anyway!

When Cas stops sending me disks to review I am going to dive back into the series to see if I become a sudden convert…….

Frankly Jim I’m amazed I stayed with it as long as I did!!!!! I was expecting the entire film to be like those rando FBI segments that went straight over my head, but almost all the actual Twin Peaks stuff was surprisingly cogent…….for Lynch anyway!

When Cas stops sending me disks to review I am going to dive back into the series to see if I become a sudden convert…….
I cant wait to see your reaction to the new series! There's nothing quite like it..

Ignore the naysayers too, The Return is fantastic.

I cant wait to see your reaction to the new series! There's nothing quite like it..

Ignore the naysayers too, The Return is fantastic.
I think baby steps is very much the order of the day here..........loins need to be girded before I hit that piece of insanity methinks......

luz does look gorgeous 👀 ill be sure to check that out! I will also be watching the new Ghibli movie.

Blu-ray Competitions added for:

Mr Klein
Terrified
Belzebuth
Twin Peaks: FWWM

Edit and also Occupation Rainfall

All linked in the article

Last edited:
Blu-ray Competitions added for:

Mr Klein
Terrified
Belzebuth
Twin Peaks: FWWM

All linked in the article
All ruddy brilliant they are too!!!!!! Cas, you are truly a gentleman and a scholar……

I think baby steps is very much the order of the day here..........loins need to be girded before I hit that piece of insanity methinks......
I loved the original series and I have it on blu. I watched all of the episodes quite a while back but I still haven't been able to summon up enough enthusiasm to tackle the film again. That disc remains unwatched. I bought the new version and gave up very early on. I should go back and give it another go but I have no great desire to do so.

Bri

Or if you don’t a digital purchase, it’s dropped to £2.99 on UK iTunes this morning……..

The set is a beauty though, shame they only sent me the disk……:(

The set is great for Luz. Interesting film 😄 Still deciding what to make of it. Looks gorgeous though.

Or if you don’t a digital purchase, it’s dropped to £2.99 on UK iTunes this morning……..

The set is a beauty though, shame they only sent me the disk……:(
Yes I just posted the itunes price on here in fact :laugh: but when I saw that gorgeous limited edition afterwards for a reasonable price, I had it get it! Literally just bought it 💰

Only the disc!? 📀

Have you seen the bluray set on Amazon 😲 ? I might have to blind buy it too!
I thought the same thing!
My copy arrived yesterday.
I haven't seen it yet though because, funnily enough, when I said "atmospheric Colombian arthouse religious horror" not everyone in the house agreed it was a good idea for a Sunday evening watch.
Maybe it's better suited to Mondays?

Perhaps it’s like 2001, there isn’t a certain time/day that’s suitable. But when you Do end up watching it, it will be the Right time 🌟

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom