What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for October 2021

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

FevreDream

Blimey, The Singing, Ringing Tree! That used to freak me out when I was a kid, I think it did for a lot of people with it’s disturbing weirdness. 😬

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
You may want to revise your video score on La Dolce Vita Coz ;)

Scores.PNG

🤔

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
That's my bad, I entered it in the CMS. Corrected now. I was just testing. ;)
Trying to make the new guy look bad, I bet you have him making the tea too.

Poor Coz 🙁

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member
Trying to make the new guy look bad, I bet you have him making the tea too.

Poor Coz 🙁
If I don’t stir the tea anti-clockwise for the required number of stirs they don’t let me stay out of the cellar………

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Blimey, The Singing, Ringing Tree! That used to freak me out when I was a kid, I think it did for a lot of people with it’s disturbing weirdness. 😬

The Fast Show mickey take was absolutely priceless. I can't watch it without crying laughing! :D

Roohster

Distinguished Member
If I don’t stir the tea anti-clockwise for the required number of stirs they don’t let me stay out of the cellar………

It stirs the tea anti-clockwise or it gets the hose again.

brian s

Distinguished Member
The weirdest thing for me was seeing clips of it in colour. It did indeed leave an impression on me but very much a black and white one. On BBC it was part of a series called Tales Of Europe. The same guy narrated all of them. I think they may have repeated them quite a few times. The Tinder Box was another one of the series if I recall correctly.

I also recall a foreign sci fi series that may have been narrated by the same person. It involved two aliens. In my memory one of them looked a lot like David McCallum. He was asked how old he was. He responded I'm not old, I'm young. I'd love to know what this was. It's been bugging me for years. If anyone knows please put me out of my misery.

Bri

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Competitions added for six of these bad boys:

La Dolce Vita
Escape Room 2
Singing Ringing Tree
Love & Basketball
The Damned
Falbalas

Links are in the article!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom