What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for September 2020 - news discussion

Thanks again for pulling this together!

Looking forward to The Boys S2, but disappointed to read that they're releasing episodes weekly! Also interested in the THS All or Nothing - as a casual football fan I found the Man City (not Utd) series fascinating. Given the change in management and Covid-19 impacts I'm hoping for some interesting insights.

I’m currently on a Prime hiatus due to not much content I’m interested in at the moment, and drip feeding The Boys so it can’t be binged means I’ll be waiting until they’re all available before thinking about signing up again.

Over here on Amazon.de we have Fleabag Season 2 already plus most of the Movies.
The Biggie for me is "The Boys" - very ready for Season 2!

Vaguely interested by Bombshell. Charlize Theron is always good but it's a movie about a horrible women being sexually assaulted by horrible men. Maybe I need to look at it like Wolf of Wall Street, a freak show of deplorables being deplorable.

My Netflix watchlist currently has 12 entries in, Amazon 5, NowTV 3 and AppleTV 4. Add to that some decent stuff finally appearing on the BBC, C4 and C5, plus the stack of DVDs and BRs that I've yet to watch there aren't enough hours in the day!

The standouts there for us are Bombshell and Queen & Slim.

And perhaps The Gentlemen if we need some brain off fodder. :)

Clueless is already available on Netflix for those that have that - watched it a couple of nights ago with the missus:

Looking forward to watching Bombshell for the first time, and revisiting The Gentleman.

Also The Boys and I've recently started watching The Expanse, so September is looking like a better month than usual.

Plus I'll have a look at the tennis.

Haven't seen The Gentleman, Bombshell or Queen And Slim. Happy with those additions, as I was just thinking about picking The Gentleman up on blu-ray. Won't bother now...

The only problem with the film the Nun is that however scary they make the aforementioned titular character she will be nowhere near as terrifying as the real thing

Looks like I'll be cancelling Prime for now. Absolutely nothing there to get me interested, and as next day delivery is a bit of a myth these days there's no reason to spend on it.

Looks like I'll be cancelling Prime for now. Absolutely nothing there to get me interested, and as next day delivery is a bit of a myth these days there's no reason to spend on it.

If you haven't done so already try The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel on Amazon. It's great, one of the better shows I've seen in recent years.

If you haven't done so already try The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel on Amazon. It's great, one of the better shows I've seen in recent years.
thanks but I've seen it. Agree it's brilliant.
My Wife burnt through that in a few Days - I popped in & out but haven't watched it "properly" yet!

When the Spurs doc was announced last year I was excited to see it. Now, I'd rather have my teeth pulled with pliers.

As a lifelong Spurs fan, born in North Middlesex hospital, due to the demise of the performance of the team on the field, I fear this doc only serves to amuse and entertain supporters of other teams.

I have zero interest in sitting there, watching all of our dirty linen being aired in public.

Isn't enough we have to endure Maureen in charge?! A charmless man who publicly berates his players:mad:.

That said, the quality of the image of football when Amazon has aired games is nothing short of excellent. Pee's all over the offerings from Sky, even their UHD content.

Vaguely interested by Bombshell. Charlize Theron is always good but it's a movie about a horrible women being sexually assaulted by horrible men. Maybe I need to look at it like Wolf of Wall Street, a freak show of deplorables being deplorable.
I really enjoyed watching it at Christmas-time or whenever it was released onto on demand.

Post deleted.

Last edited:
Nice to see that Utopis found a home. Never understand why Channel 4 dropped it and it was quite popular when they were funding/airing it. Maybe the men in suits at Channel 4 didn't think it had the legs to sustain the popularity and fan base it has already acumulated? Channel 4 had this to say at the time they cancelled it:

Utopia is truly channel-defining: strikingly original, powered by Dennis Kelly's extraordinary voice and brought to life in all its technicolor glory through Marc Munden's undeniable creative flair and vision, the team at Kudos delivered a series which has achieved fervent cult status over two brilliantly warped and nail-biting series. It also has the honour of ensuring audiences will never look at a spoon in the same way again. It’s always painful to say goodbye to shows we love, but it’s a necessary part of being able to commission new drama, a raft of which are launching on the channel throughout 2015.

Whether Amazon's decision to redo this is a good thing is yet to be seen? Maybe it will lose that "on a budget" UK look the series originally had when Channel 4 were funding it. I think its original success was based upon the writing, its cast as well as its entire unorthodox/weirdness?

If you dislike spons then I'd advise you not watch this extract:

No idea as to whether or not spoons are a part of the Amaxon reworking of Utopia?

Those who liked Channel 4's The End of the F***ing World will more than likely like the original 2 series of Utopia too. Note that the original first 2 series of Utopia are hosted and available to watch on Amazon Prime.

Last edited:
This just confirms my decision that we need to cancel Prime. Always end up watching Netflix now that I've finished Bosch

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom