Whats my next AV step for my Cyrus system?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Sandy 8oy, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Sandy 8oy

Sandy 8oy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone, I have a Cyrus Pre X , 2 x Cyrus Smart Powers, V63 Mission Volare speakers, Cyrus Dad3Q 24 with PSXR and a Pana 50PZ80 plasma. Does anyone know whats my next step for me to add AV to this system? Shall i buy the Cyrus AV8? How would i connect it to my system? Thanks in advance:)

2. Helicon

Helicon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Depends if you want HD audio/video....the Cyrus processor does neither. If you're happy with DD/DTS from DVD, then by all means go with the AV8.

3. Sandy 8oy

Sandy 8oy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    WOW!!! Nice system you have mate:thumbsup: What is HD audio video btw? I was thinking of connecting my Toshiba EP30/PS3/ Panasonic blue ray player to the Cyrus AV using HDMI and then HDMi to the plasma. Can that be done?

4. ralphmalph

ralphmalph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    The current Cyrus AV processor is the AV master and this does not have any HDMI connections.

So your upgrade with cyrus is to AV master which you will only be able to enjoy DD or DTS multichannel soundtracks. The advantage of this unit is that it has 3 amps built in to power the centre and rears and you have a one brand system.

If you want to use the HDMI then today you will have to purchase another brand of processor that has tese inputs. Try looking at an Audiolab 8000AP.

Do a google search for the High Def Formats there are good summaries on the DTS site and Dolby site but basically they are higher bit rate (more information in the signal) than the original Dolby digital and DTS formats.