• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What's my car worth? Help Please!

nate69

Banned
To be honest i've looked on dealers forecourts, in the glass's guide and in the autotrader and the values differ that much it's head spinning.

I'm looking to part with my yundai coupe, but have not really got an idea what it's worth and if they are good news or not:confused:

It's a new shape Hyundai Coupe 2.0 16v SE on an 2002 02 reg and done 30k from new with FDSH, and the usual full leather etc.. in absolutely like brand new condition.

Any ideas people?

Also if anyone has a mint Mitsubishi Evo 6 that they want to sell, i'm looking to buy :thumbsup:

Cheers

Uridium

Distinguished Member
I'd say ignore parkers as they've had a habit of underpricing cars over the last couple of years. Guarentee they'll value your car £500 less than the real world price.

Take a look on Autotrader and see what similar cars sell for.

Parkers valued my wife's T-Plate Micra at £1600, wasn't one the same spec to be found ANYWHERE in the uk for less than £2000. put it on Autotrader for 2 weeks at £2300 and the phone didn't stop ringing.

www.autotrader.co.uk is your friend

Miniholic

Prominent Member
uridium said:
I'd say ignore parkers as they've had a habit of underpricing cars over the last couple of years. Guarentee they'll value your car £500 less than the real world price.

It depends on the model, my 306 DTurbo is worth £1350 part-ex according to Parkers, but CAP value an excellent example at £700! (Yes, I told them where to shove it!)

Whereas Mini's (not fat BMW ones) tend to be underpriced by quite a margin. A V reg Cooper LE that will normally go for around £5.5 - 6k is worth £3k at a dealer or £1800 part-ex according to them, I might have to get them to find me a couple.

Steve Zodiac

Established Member
I haven't had much to do with Parkers in recent years, but I remember many years ago they would value, for example, a Lotus Esprit at say £4500 when you'd struggle to get one for £7000; and they'd value an Austin Princess at £1500 when they could't be given away!

Glass's guide was the one taken as accurate and now it would appear it's on the net.

mattlad

Established Member
C A P Black Book is the guide that the motor trade use nowadays.
Glass's guide tends to over value. I know of motor traders that buy with Black Book & sell with Glass's.
Parkers are a type of anorak.

nate69

Banned
Well the good news is that it sold in under 24 hours on ebay:thumbsup:
Someone came to see it on sunday and paid the asking price:)

Either an evo 7/8 next (definately not a 6) or an audi s3 I think.

Anyone got any experience with either?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom