whats lcd like with sd

charlton111

Standard Member
hi i am waiting for john lewis to restock the lcd im after,but reading some of the posts,am wondering whats the picture going to be like with sd,as thats still going to be around for a while,cheers

U'R'ss

Novice Member
hi i am waiting for john lewis to restock the lcd im after,but reading some of the posts,am wondering whats the picture going to be like with sd,as thats still going to be around for a while,cheers
If your signal is good then on my tosh32 so is the picture, However Lcd's show up bad signals more so

charlton111

Standard Member
dont think the signals that great from ntl which i use,but we do get a good signal from the freeview boxs in our house,im playing with the idea of getting the panasonic th42px60 instad of the phillips 42pf7621,one of the things thats stopping me is the colour problems eg purple snakes that i have heard about on other posts,but think this tv might be a lot better with sd

kjt2004

Charlton

Like everything in life - nothing is simple

But you are absolutely correct feed your display with a good source and you get good results

This is even true of SD sources - i have no complaints on my 42" screen yes its a SD one cos i dont fall into the category of more pixels = better pic

Yes HD is nice but lets be honest its still a marketing ploy and will be for a few years yet

Yes it looks good on an from an x box and yes i expect it will look breathtaking when its readily available on non compressed bandwidths

Until then i wait with baited breath

charlton111

Standard Member
yes i agree even though sky is doing a hd service and ntl is going to ,how much of there programs will be in hd? not a lot i think