whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gregmcquaid, Dec 21, 2006.

1. gregmcquaid

gregmcquaid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could give me some help as to the value of some of my old equipment please as i have been thinking and i cant really put a price on it.

First is a pair of mission m33i floorstander in beech finish, in very good condition with no marks or scratched on them.

Next is an old Yamaha ax-396 amplifier which is in pretty good condition, only a few minor marks and it comes with the manual but i dont have the remote with it.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,
    greg

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    I'd advise you do searches of various sites that sell second hand AV goods, that way you are more likely to get a fully independent value on them.

Usually though, take the products original RRP, if in perfect condition and under 3 years old halve it and start there......if not in perfect condition aesthetically but still fully functional, still under 3 years old, perhaps a third of the RRP...if not fully functional, then for equipment like that i'd probably say not very much....

if its more like 5 years+ then for perfect condition perhaps a quarter of RRP, aesthetically challenged perhaps a fifth of RRP, if knackered then drop it down the dump...altho someone might pay a couple quid to use it as spare parts like with a car....