1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats is going on with my PSPVideo9?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by figoagogo, Oct 30, 2005.

1. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +584
    Having just purchased a 1GB card I am in the process of converting some DVDs to play on my PSP. I have ripped movies using both DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter... How ever PSP Video 9 just refuses to convert them, if I use one of the default AVC settings, it states the file is being converted but it never shows up on the progress bar, if I use the SP Movie format it completes the 1st pass but never starts the 2nd pass. Finnaly I setup my own AVC settings (single pass) and it is at 100% but refuses to stop trying to conver the file!!! :mad:

I have had no problems converting some WMA and other file types. It just seems to be VOB files, also I manage to convert some VOB files in the past using the SP settings on an ealier version of PSP Video 9.

A lot of people swear by this program, I find it unreliable. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just my PC? Any ideas? :lease:

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    what format are the files in? You're not trying to convert mp4 files are you?

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,230
    a) PSP Video 9 only converts VOB files off your DVD

b) If you are using VOB files and it stops, get a new PC. Seriously >

I can use my brand HP PC to make PSP vids. But my custom just freezes. I put it down to too many installed software, resulting in conflicts or whatever

4. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +584
    It is VOB file eg VTS_01_1.VOB

5. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +584
    a) not sure what you mean! But I am tryingto convert a rip of a dvd!

b) Urrghhh - PC only 8 months old, it sometimes works, other times it doesn't!

6. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont be to influenced by the % indicator.
    Sometimes on mine it shoots up to 100% in a few seconds then spends the next 5 mins or so doing the conversion.
    Other times I have had the indicator hardly move and get to 10% or so and it still completes the conversion okay.
    Basiclly I have found the % indicator to be inaccurate.
    Also rename your VTS_01_1.VOB file to a name that you recognise before you start the conversion or all your converted movies with have the name VTS_01_1.
    Also dont bother with the 2nd pass,it just takes such a long time to convert if you use it and you wont really notice a difference.

7. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +584
    guess what, you are correct, I decided to leave the software to convert a movie and it worked, even though stated 100% before it way half way!!!

Well now thats resolved I can start to experiment. I did SW Episode 1 last night, on the 2nd highest AVC preset, although quality was good enough it was a bit blurry and jerked a few times. What (in your opinion) will give me the best quality image and sound (must be stereo) under 500mb :lease:

8. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used AVC/368x208/29.97/384kbps Stereo/96kbps with good results,much higher doesn't seem to do anything really other than make the file larger!
    I got one 27min episode of Red Dwarf come out at bout 96MB so 500MB for 2 hours should be possible.
    The blurryness of the image that can occour is down to the PSP,it still happens even if you increase kbps.

9. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    PSP Video 9 can also convert .avi and .mpeg files, along with .vob as I've converted all 3.