Whats is going on with my PSPVideo9?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by figoagogo, Oct 30, 2005.

1. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    Having just purchased a 1GB card I am in the process of converting some DVDs to play on my PSP. I have ripped movies using both DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter... How ever PSP Video 9 just refuses to convert them, if I use one of the default AVC settings, it states the file is being converted but it never shows up on the progress bar, if I use the SP Movie format it completes the 1st pass but never starts the 2nd pass. Finnaly I setup my own AVC settings (single pass) and it is at 100% but refuses to stop trying to conver the file!!! :mad:

I have had no problems converting some WMA and other file types. It just seems to be VOB files, also I manage to convert some VOB files in the past using the SP settings on an ealier version of PSP Video 9.

A lot of people swear by this program, I find it unreliable. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just my PC? Any ideas? :lease:

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    what format are the files in? You're not trying to convert mp4 files are you?

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,626
    a) PSP Video 9 only converts VOB files off your DVD

b) If you are using VOB files and it stops, get a new PC. Seriously >

I can use my brand HP PC to make PSP vids. But my custom just freezes. I put it down to too many installed software, resulting in conflicts or whatever

4. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    It is VOB file eg VTS_01_1.VOB

5. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    a) not sure what you mean! But I am tryingto convert a rip of a dvd!

b) Urrghhh - PC only 8 months old, it sometimes works, other times it doesn't!

6. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont be to influenced by the % indicator.
    Sometimes on mine it shoots up to 100% in a few seconds then spends the next 5 mins or so doing the conversion.
    Other times I have had the indicator hardly move and get to 10% or so and it still completes the conversion okay.
    Basiclly I have found the % indicator to be inaccurate.
    Also rename your VTS_01_1.VOB file to a name that you recognise before you start the conversion or all your converted movies with have the name VTS_01_1.
    Also dont bother with the 2nd pass,it just takes such a long time to convert if you use it and you wont really notice a difference.

7. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    guess what, you are correct, I decided to leave the software to convert a movie and it worked, even though stated 100% before it way half way!!!

Well now thats resolved I can start to experiment. I did SW Episode 1 last night, on the 2nd highest AVC preset, although quality was good enough it was a bit blurry and jerked a few times. What (in your opinion) will give me the best quality image and sound (must be stereo) under 500mb :lease:

8. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used AVC/368x208/29.97/384kbps Stereo/96kbps with good results,much higher doesn't seem to do anything really other than make the file larger!
    I got one 27min episode of Red Dwarf come out at bout 96MB so 500MB for 2 hours should be possible.
    The blurryness of the image that can occour is down to the PSP,it still happens even if you increase kbps.

9. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    PSP Video 9 can also convert .avi and .mpeg files, along with .vob as I've converted all 3.