• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

whats is better an sat f type connection or a coaxial connection?

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
don't know whether this is the right place to put this but anyway got to alter my TV system and regarding TV sockets and plugs whats is better an sat f type connection or a coaxial connection?

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
don't know whether this is the right place to put this but anyway got to alter my TV system and regarding TV sockets and plugs whats is better an sat f type connection or a coaxial connection?

For what? Satellite, audio, antenna, audio, distribution..................??

fernandez

Distinguished Member
for the rf2 output of sky box and also digital aireal aswell

Both the RF IN and the two RF outputs on a Sky box and the input on a digital or analogue terrestrial receiver are standard coax sockets so, in that respect, there's no choice.
The only place where an F connector is used, in the examples you mention, is the LNB IN on a Sky box

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
there is a choice I'm going to use my own length of coaxial (Rather than standard leads) and use a coaxial connection on the back of the box and f type at the wall end as i find the f type with its screw in connection a better join ad the coaxial plus and sockets are not all ways nice and tight.

unless anybody can tell me a reason for using coaxial instead of f type?

Kearney

Established Member
F type will be better than the Belling Lee (Aerial) plugs as they have the proper 75 Ohm impedance to match the cable.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom