Whats in your 3d collection

klacey

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have got so addicted to 3d and was wondering how big a collection others have. :D

Here is mine
Conan
MvA
SHrek 1-4
Green Lantern
Fright night
Captain America
Thor
Ocean wonderland
Sharks
Lion King
HTTYD
Resident evil afterlife
The last airbender
Pirates of the carribean 4
Clash of the titans
Tangled
The hole
Step up 3d
Street dance
Gnomeo and Juliet
Harry potter 7.1
Harry potter 7.2
Legend of the guardians
Tron Legacy

Last edited:
Have you watched all these yet? I found the below very poor 3D so have sold on or will not be buying.

Gulliver
Green Lantern
Green Hornet
Thor
Harry potter 7.2

How was capt america? Undecided on that one, assuming it will be similar to thor, ie not worth it.

Have you watched all these yet? I found the below very poor 3D so have sold on or will not be buying.

Gulliver
Green Lantern
Green Hornet
Thor
Harry potter 7.2

How was capt america? Undecided on that one, assuming it will be similar to thor, ie not worth it.

I have seen about half, not seen hp's or captain america yet.
I thought green lantern was quite good though

Thought Harry Potter 7.2 wasn't bad when I saw it in the cinema.
I think my wife has bought me Thor 3D for Christmas after I said not to buy it in 3D!

I like the idea of having both, if its no good in 3d you still can watch in 2d.

Bolt
Despicable Me
How To Train Your Dragon
Lion King
Piranha 3D
Rio
Tron Legacy
TT3D: Closer To The Edge

Worst of the bunch is Piranha 3D, but Kelly Brook makes up for that.

How To Train Your Dragon
The Polar Express
Tangled
Gnomeo & Juliet
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek 3
Shrek 4
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
A Christmas Carol
Coraline
Cars 2
Saw Final Chapter
My Bloody Valentine
Sanctum
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Monster House
Monsters vs Aliens
Hubble 3d
Rio
Ocean Wonderland
Despicable Me
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs
Grand Canyon Adventure
A Turtle's Tale
Alice In Wonderland
Megamind
Legends of the Guardians
Lion King - on it's way from Santa

Got rid of the very poor Animal United and The Green Hornet

Despite this lot i would rather watch 2d everytime except with Avatar and have about 40% of the above still to watch.

Monster House a big favourite with my youngest!

After buying an HD33 just 10 days ago I've gone very OTT and already picked up:-

Alice in Wonderland
Bolt
Captain America
Cars 2
Christmas carol
Cloudy with Meatballs
Dolphins & Whales
Drive Angry
Gnomeo & Juliet
Green Hornet
Hole
Ice Age
Megamind
Monster House
Ocean Wonderland
Open Season
Peter Gabriel Live
Pirahna
Polar Express
Resident Evil
Saw
Sea Rex
Sharks
Shrek Collection
Smurfs
Step Up
Streetdance
Tangled

with Animals Utd, Sammys Tales and My Bloody Valentine on the way

and 7 more coming for Christmas :D

Haven't bothered with Avatar as I had it previously when I had a 3DXL package earlier in the year so thought I may as well wait til Feb when I'm sure it'll come out and will probably be the extended version.

I am lovin it though. I have promised myself I wont get Thor or Gulliver's Travels :laugh:

Cars 2
Ice Age 3
Lion King
Resident evil Afterlife
Tron Legacy
Tangled
Harry Potter DH 2

After a year saying I would never get 3d, I now have...

Christmas Carol
Lion King
Bolt
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Animals United
Gulliver's Travels
Ice Age 3
Cars 2
Coraline
Rio
POTC On Stranger Tides

I've promised myself that I will only get 3d versions if I think it's really worth it (Animals Utd, Gulliver and Ice Age don't count as I got them free), so have bought 2d versions of Thor, Green Lantern, Capt America and Deathly Hallows.

I have 54 I think, with more on order. Will try and take a pic later.

I only went 3D a couple of months ago and went mad buying titles :p

I have 7 3D movies/docs and 4 on the way from Amazon - Polar Express, and a pack with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Open Season and Monster House. Any good?

i've got a fairly big collection at the moment

Alice in Wonderland
Animals United
Bolt
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
Despicable Me
Drive Angry
Green Hornet
Gulliver's Travels
Ice Age 3
Monster House
My Bloody Valentine
Open Season
Piranha
Priest
Resident Evile Afterlife
Sanctum
Saw 7
Shrek 1-4
Tangled
Tron Legacy

(only actually watched Avatar, Monster House and Drive Angry so far as not overly happy with the 3D performance of my tv)

should be getting 2 or 3 more for xmas, and then i might buy a few more using those £20 hmv vouchers from living social, effectively making them all half price.

Was looking at getting Shark Night 3D cos i'm a sucker for a shark movie, but i noticed it's released by EIV so it'll be £7.99 or lower within a month of release anyway..

Last edited:
Will get some of these films when they come down in price a little (like Rio, Tangled, Cars 2) but Im not paying for 3D versions - have no interest in it at all

Saw the final chapter
Tron
Resident Evil 3
Thor
Captain America
Green Lantern
Animals United
Ice Age 3
A Christmas Carol
Conan

saarnold

Alice in Wonderland
Animals United
Bolt
Christmas carol
Closer to the edge
Cloudy .......
Coraline
Green Hornet
Gulliver's Travels
Ice Age 3
Monster House
Shrek Collection
Tangled
Toy story Trilogy
Tron
POTC 4

So far
A big thanks to Panasonic, Samsung & Disney DMR who made most of this possible:clap:

Just added
Megamind
Monsters Vs Aliens
TNBC
Cars 2
Beauty & The Beast
Lion King

Looking to get a few more after Christmas if they come at a decent price.

Last edited:
Santa was kind..my current list :-

Alice in Wonderland
Animals Utd
Bolt
Captain America
Cars 2
Christmas carol
Cloudy with Meatballs
Conan
Despicable Me
Dolphins & Whales
Drive Angry
Gnomeo & Juliet
Green Hornet
Hole
How to Train your Dragon
Ice Age
Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 (enroute from forums)
Legend of Guardians
Lion King
Megamind
Monster House
My Bloody Valentine
Ocean Wonderland
Open Season
Peter Gabriel Live
Pirahna
Polar Express
Priest
Resident Evil
Sanctum
Saw
Sea Rex
Sharks
Shrek Collection
Smurfs
Step Up
Streetdance
Tangled
Tron Legacy
Turtles Tales
Universe
Yogi Bear

Anyone think that the 3D in Tron Leagcy is not very good? Almost like there is too much happening in 3D that the rest of the picture becomes blurry and unfocused.

Anyone think that the 3D in Tron Leagcy is not very good? Almost like there is too much happening in 3D that the rest of the picture becomes blurry and unfocused.

Yes! (Although, not because I think there's too much happening in 3D.) I think it's got the least effective, most conservative and poorly implemented use of 3D of any native 3D film I've seen. I've mentioned this two or three times on these forums over the last year, but am always surprised at how few people agree...

Yes! (Although, not because I think there's too much happening in 3D.) I think it's got the least effective, most conservative and poorly implemented use of 3D of any native 3D film I've seen. I've mentioned this two or three times on these forums over the last year, but am always surprised at how few people agree...

Thanks for replying. Any good (non cartoon CGI) films you recommend to give that wow factor in 3D

just added Megamind, How to train your Dragon and Cars 2 to my 3D collection from xmas presents :) should have been Thor as well but my mum got the 2D one by mistake, so i've sold that and ordered the 3D version. I also bought Deathly Hallows pt2 and Voyage of the Dawn Treader from HMV using the livingsocial vouchers so both cost me less than a tenner :)

Finally watched a few 3D movies this week as well, because my TV has magically started working better in 3D mode, which i put down to either a firmware update, using the PS3 to play the discs instead of my pc, or me subconsciously lowering my standards..

Watched How to train your dragon which was great in 3D. Annoyingly i had my 3D settings messed up a bit so had a fair bit of crosstalk but later when i reset them and tested it again it looked excellent.

Watched Tangled which looked amazing. Aside from two scenes (the bar fight and the lantern release) there was barely a sniff of crosstalk whereas before, no matter what settings i used on my tv it was pretty much unwatchable

Finally, watched Sanctum. 3D looked excellent in places but sometimes there was quite a bit of crosstalk, but not often to the point of distraction. Some of the shots looked really good as it's a native 3D movie.

one thing i would say about 3D, for me at least, there is no pop-out to speak of. Whether that's my brain telling my eyes nothing can pop out of a tv i don't know, but when there is a pop out bit in a film, like the arrows in the tree in Tangled or a sword poking out in the Pirates of the caribbean 4 trailer, the furthest they pop out is to the point of the actual screen.. bit disappointing but at least the depth looks good.

Last edited:
Finally, watched Sanctum. 3D looked excellent in places but sometimes there was quite a bit of crosstalk, but not often to the point of distraction. Some of the shots looked really good as it's a native 3D movie.

Any cross talk is more likely related to your TV display than the disc (blu-ray). I have yet to see any cross talk on the many films I've watched on my acer projector.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom