1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats in the box - Denon DHT550SD

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by simon-e, Jan 20, 2005.

1. simon-e

simon-e

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I'm close to deciding on buying a Denon DHT550SD and am woundering if anyone can tell me what comes in the box in terms of cables-

Do Denon give you enough to get everything going or do i need to buy all my cables seperately ?

If Denon do supply cables are they a decent quality ?

thanks

Simon. :cool:

2. zygote

zygote

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure about the 550, but with the 500 everything's in the box. The speaker cables aren't that long though, struggled to reach from the back of the DVD player 4m to the other side. The cables with the Sony I upgraded from would've let me put the speakers in the garden! :laugh:

Can't really comment on quality, however good/bad they are, the sound from the DHT500 is excellent.

3. happyjolly

happyjolly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my 550 this week!

You get an optical cable, and composite cables, Denon advise using the optical cable to connect to your DVD.

A note worthy point... leading to another point on cables is..

The AV reciever on the 550 has two component inputs and one component output, the DVD player has component output too (progressive scan and what not)

and th point?

HOWEVER you dont get any component cables at all! if you really want the best out of this system your gonna have to buy some.

You can get some really decent 1m cables from tvcables.co.uk for about £35

If you have a small / medium room this system is bangin!! I'm so impressed with the picture and audio from it. To get a really good look at the level of detail, get a copy of Monsters Inc and check out the detail of animation in the single strands of fur on that big blue monster thing... Amazin!

:thumbsup:

4. simon-e

simon-e

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys :)