whats happened with my seleco 350 sim 2

J

jazzsinger

whats happened with my seleco 350 sim 2, can someone help as i was in the deflections settings last night ,aligning the heght and width, when my electric went off ( electric meter ). I left the projector as it was late, but when i turned it back on this morning, just white lines along the top of the screen and no picture.
is this something i have done by not saving settings before loss of power, or is it more serious, i am only a novice with these like messing around with them,:lease:

It sounds like it's either looking at the wrong input or there is a problem with the cable/connector between your source and the projector. If you are seeing a picture (albeit white lines) it is unlikely to be anything 'serious'.

thanx boy lex,
but i think the problem is with the projector itself, ie white lines are running along top of screen nothing else even with the internal tuner, cant get into any sort of menu as all it has is these white lines.
thanx

It could be a problem with the nvram. At the centre rear of the projector (inside!) there is a metal cage with a board inside. If you undo the screw, then slide the board out (and undo the connectors) there should be a rectangular chip with a sticker on it that says what firmware you are runnning. This is the nvram.

Try pulling out the board, leave it 10 minutes, blow on it, etc. then put it back in and see if there's any change.

Boy Lex? Whilst blowing on it do you also need to hop on one leg ???

Or was that only the 400 Plus version :eek:

Did you ever work for Sky technical or a mobile phono company tech help desk ????

I have ONE cpu board available with version 1.3 firmware.
(My seleco stock is down to just about 8 boards left......)

PM me if you require it.

Hey it worked for me!! Was having all sorts of non responsive things going on and I did the above and it worked again fine and stayed fine.

The reason I suggested it is to clear the contacts.

Knock it all you want, but it worked for me!

I would put money that the re seating was the cure.

Blowing on it might clear some dust, I prefer to use a dust brush, just in case you acidently blow moisture onto the board.

If it worked then thats what counts,

It just reminded me of all the "tech" calls people used to make to be told the same old frustrating "off / on and pray" technique.....

(Though I wont ever knock the power of prayer :rolleyes: )

have giving it a go and yes it did work. i took out the board and blew on the connections put back and it came on.
thanx m8.

Thanks for calling AVForums' CRT tech support line. Your call is important to us and will be answered by the next available operator.

Glad to hear it's working again!
:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom