Question What's happened to the Q900T and Q950T Samsung soundbars?

NikG

That would really annoy me, and black tape over it would indeed be required.
Seriously, It would annoy you text scrolling for 0.5 seconds only once when you start a movie then completely dims, how would you know if Dolby Atmos is activated? By just listening? or would you stand up to check the LED on top of the soundbar.

Personally I want to know and be reassured what sound format is being played while sitting down, and I’m not a fan of faffing around with a mobile app to check what sound format I’m getting.

Last edited:

barkzz

No Led on the front that’s an utter pain and stupid idea! Really beginning to dislike the look of that fabric too. Might sway me to the Q90R if I’m honest, especially seeing as UK retail has increased to £1600 from what was £1200 originally.

BeefS2

Confirmed by someone on YouTube that the display is only top.
OMG. Is there any other way to know if your getting atmos? Does it use an new or updated smartthings app? With the q90r, I don’t think you’re able to tell from smartthings. I would think most people that are forking over this kind of money will care about knowing the audio codec and it’s annoying to have to get up. I guess if it really sounds amazing I could get past it. A bit odd though

NikG

OMG. Is there any other way to know if your getting atmos? Does it use an new or updated smartthings app? With the q90r, I don’t think you’re able to tell from smartthings. I would think most people that are forking over this kind of money will care about knowing the audio codec and it’s annoying to have to get up. I guess if it really sounds amazing I could get past it. A bit odd though
I have no clue but I bet it will display on their 2020 Samsung TVs to make you buy one.

Eagle00Eye

Standard Member
My The Good Guys Order for Q950T is saying it is on Back Order. Can anyone else confirm this too?considering I Pre-ordered the first night it was available I won't be happy if I have to wait.

darkfleet

My The Good Guys Order for Q950T is saying it is on Back Order. Can anyone else confirm this too?considering I Pre-ordered the first night it was available I won't be happy if I have to wait.
Just rang about a few orders I have with them, they said they have 6 soundbars coming currently (Hectorville SA store) but can't give me an estimated date.

Eagle00Eye

Standard Member
Just rang about a few orders I have with them, they said they have 6 soundbars coming currently (Hectorville SA store) but can't give me an estimated date.
Called my Local store. They have 3 coming with 1 being mine. But said no store in Australia have them yet. A logistics problem it seems. They are all on back order. I thought release date was today. Bit of a bummer.

Eagle00Eye

Standard Member
Recieved this from The Good Guys via email.

We have an eta of 29th July for delivery to our store. As Samsung only delivers to our store once a week on a Wednesday if it doesn’t arrive on the 29th July, it will be 5th August that it will be delivered.

darkfleet

Recieved this from The Good Guys via email.

We have an eta of 29th July for delivery to our store. As Samsung only delivers to our store once a week on a Wednesday if it doesn’t arrive on the 29th July, it will be 5th August that it will be delivered.
I'm hoping for similar from my store. Then I probably still have to wait another week for them to deliver it to me as I am not in the metro areas.

danmancs

Standard Member
I went to my local JB Hi-Fi today. They have The Q900T in stock, and offered it to me for $1400, which I think is over priced. I told them I'll wait. I don't think the fabric looks that flash in real life, but I think it looks better than the LG SN10, which looks plastiky.

darkfleet

Update. My Q80T tv and the Q950T soundbar are being delivered tomorrow morning. Unfortunately we won't be able to actually set them up and use them yet as we are getting ready to move.

Eagle00Eye

Standard Member
Update. My Q80T tv and the Q950T soundbar are being delivered tomorrow morning. Unfortunately we won't be able to actually set them up and use them yet as we are getting ready to move.
What state are you located in? What store did you pre order from?

chopples

Distinguished Member
Appreciate this post is a few days old but I cannot see it answered. When receiving an atmos (or dts:x) signal the processing modes (standard, adaptive,surround etc) are disabled. If you missed the initial scrolled message the easiest way is to find out if it is atmos is to try and change the dsp mode, you will receive a message saying that you cannot.

Alternatively if you have a Samsung TV these modes will be greyed out in the sound options

barkzz

So I’ve decided That the price hike to £1600 UK, stupid fabric, and lack on front facing info panel is currently enough to put me off. Gone with the Q90R, knowing that if it doesn’t live up to expectation the Q950T should be available by that point. Bit of a gamble, but picked up the Q90R for £999 which is a big saving if it plays ball. Still interested to hear about people’s experiences with the Q950T and look forward to the reviews.

barkzz

Think you are getting slightly confused.
The Q90R is last years model in ceramic black/grey, and has a solid carbon mesh, and solid sides etc.
This years Q900t, and Q950T have a fabric mesh top and front; with no status lights visible from a sat down position or scrolling info display. It’s on a piddly little screen where the controls are on top

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Think you are getting slightly confused.
The Q90R is last years model in ceramic black/grey, and has a solid carbon mesh, and solid sides etc.
This years Q900t, and Q950T have a fabric mesh top and front; with no status lights visible from a sat down position or scrolling info display. It’s on a piddly little screen where the controls are on top
and I am not seeing Harman Kordon brand name although its owned by Samsung.

barkzz

and I am not seeing Harman Kordon brand name although its owned by Samsung.
Apparently though not on the new ones, it’s from the same studio in California. I expect they will be two very good bars, just made some poor design decisions which could compromise it (including narrower main enclosure). Soon find out when the reviews land, which can’t be too far away.

BeefS2

If the video is recorded the right way, and volume level is the same, i think the sound quality difference is becoming more clear. The q950t is much crisper and got more details
That’s what I gathered. The first one seemed a bit more detailed. The second one seems a little louder and distorted, and not quite as clear. I’m also listening on a phone at the moment, so I’m not really getting an accurate representation of the video either