1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's gold and goes 'mooooo' ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Matinee, May 30, 2002.

1. Matinee

Matinee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Goodness, it's off to see George's cash cow again.

On the plus side:

Brilliant visual fx
    Nice action
    Not as bad as sw 1 (that would have been difficult)
    Christopher Lee

On the downside:

crap plot, crap acting, lacklustre music, boring with excessive fan b***ocks.

The plot could have a four lane motorway driven through it. Aside from the major inconsistencies between the other films, the plot itself looks like it was written on a fag packet in half an hour.

The music was nothing special and wasnt seamless enough; the fade when amidala declares she doesnt want to become closer to anakin is jarring.

Amidala's costume changes - ridiculous.

300 annoying additions that appear to have magically disappeared by the time sw4-6 come round.

Jar jar binks is only onscreen for 2 minutes, but that's two minutes too long..

At the end of the movie I was waiting for the end music to startup. Still, that's an improvement over sw1 where I was bored for at least half of the film.

The film is a calculated cynical cash cow with no respect for the existing star wars universe defined in sw4-6. The amount of material to please the fanboys is excessive, as are the sections clearly used to define how the sw2 computer games will look.

I had little respect for George Lucas prior to sw2 - that respect has now reduced to zero.

A decent film will leave you wanting to watch it again. I dont think that will happen in this case.

PK

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Your not going to buy the DVD then?

3. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hopefully Episode III will fill up the plotholes Matinee mentioned. And there will be a re-Special addition of the parts 4, 5 & 6 trilogy, with new bits inserted, so it ties in properly with the new things introduced in parts 1, 2 & 3. For example, they'll be filming new scenes with Natalie Portman (Padme) to include in the re-release of Return Of The Jedi.