What's going to happen with my broken TV?

onkeh

I currently have a Samsung WS32Z409T, it's got a couple of pretty big problems (picture adjustments keep resetting, reverse stereo over HDMI) so since the one year warranty is up next month I thought I'd get Comet in to take a look at it.

They came round today and the nice chap said basically there's nothing they can really do with it so he would have to speak to a manager about what happens next. This particular model was pretty limited edition and was replaced almost instantly with the 419T. Comet no longer stock the 409T, and have never stocked the 419T, so I don't think they can really replace it.

So what happens now? If they can't fix it, and they can't replace it, what can they do? Offer to replace it with the next one up? Can I refuse this and do a part-ex for a better one? (really got my eye on the 40M87 :devil: ) If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing please share your story! Thanks in advance!

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
i have had a comet engineer around today as well , i have one stuck pixel on my lg rz32lz55 , i was expecting an argument but didnt get one , he said they would replace the panel if one was available , if not then it was replace ( different model ) or refund , if it comes to that i will take the refund and buy elsewhere :thumbsup:

onkeh

Wow a refund! I'll believe it when I see it!

RockySpieler

I expect you tried this, but I read in a Samsung thread, that the LCD's have a shop mode, which resets the settings periodically.

The option to turn it on and off is in the service menu.............that's as much as I read, I do not know how to enter the service menu, or if this setting exists on your model of Samsung, but your post reminded me about the shop mode.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
if you look at the inside of the card that your reciept is stapled to , it says ' if repair not possible then replacement or refund ' , now , if i have to argue it , i am going to take it literally with them , wish me luck :eek: :D :D

onkeh

I bought online so I have no such receipt card, but good luck all the same!

Gedd

I guess it depends on how long you've owned the TV...as i've just returned an LCD (AOC ) which was only a few days over the 28 day DOA period and had to settle for a refurbished tv...not that i was happy about it...but also there was nothing i could do about it!

concrete monkey

Standard Member
I guess it depends on how long you've owned the TV...as i've just returned an LCD (AOC ) which was only a few days over the 28 day DOA period and had to settle for a refurbished tv...not that i was happy about it...but also there was nothing i could do about it!
was that your hanspree you was raving about in the other thread!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom