1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats going on with Babylon 5 DVD?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Big Al, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Big Al

Big Al
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Just noticed the release dates for Babylon 5 movies set & Season 5 (R2)
    are now set for next year. :thumbsdow

new dates are Movies 28/02/2005 Season 5 17/01/2005.

I had expected to complete the collection by November this year. Anyone know what the deal is?

Big Al

2. magicmushrooms

magicmushrooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed that they had put the dates back but I have no idea why?

It's strange because the US releases were pushed forward due to high sales, maybe the UK releases aren't selling too well? Maybe because everyone is buying the US releases instead because they coming earlier?

I don't suppose you have any information on what the New Babylon 5 project will be? I heard somewhere that JMS could be trying to make Babylon 5 on the big screen! Now that would be cool!

3. Richard Moore

Richard Moore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dunno about the S5 DVD but the movie DVD was widely available in the US when I was there last week. I guess people would buy that on-line.

Oh and I'd love to see the Shadows come to the big screen but I dread to think what compressing that series to a 2hr slot would do.

4. magicmushrooms

magicmushrooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I imagine if a new Babylon 5 movie is made they would thread it in such a way that another film can continue the story while making each movie stand-alone in their own right. I think it's about time that B5 graced the silver screen's to show Star Trek how to do it properly! :)