1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's going on at Movietyme

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by michaelm, Feb 16, 2002.

1. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I ordered 2 copies of Atlantis SE and a copy of Swordfish from Movietyme.

I got an email on February 4th with a receipt for Swordfish and another on February 5th stating the 2 copies of Atlantis had been shipped. I haven't received any of them to date.

Movietyme have now opened a forum and a link to this was included in the email, along with an email address for the Post Office watchdog, PostWatch.

I've checked the forum out and there is a staggering number of customers claiming not to have received their movies.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this does appear a bit suspicious, like Movietyme are trying to pass the buck for their (in)actions.

In the past couple of days I have posted my problems on the forum and emailed both Movietyme Sales and Craig the owner directly, with no response to any of them.

Something definitely smells rotten at Movietyme.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My experiences with movietyme have taught me that i wont go near them unless absolutely no one else has what i want.....even then i wont necessarily go for it. They are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to order fromand i honestly dont know why they still are afloat.

ad

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to be controversial, but I have ordered many movies from movietyme and have not been let down once. Titles have always arrived within a week or so if they are in stock and on the day of release, or before, if pre-ordered.
    However, on a few occasions lately, I have had discs (not only from movietyme) that have obviously been sneakily opened, as if to see if they were worth nicking or not. It's lucky that I have such appaling taste in film that they have all arrived 'intact' but perhaps this is where the problem really lies?

4. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    According to Craig as of the 1st Jan this year they'd had over £9000 worth of stock go missing in the post. Sad to say but I wouldn't just put this down to a dodgy postie, I've met enough people to know that a great deal of that missing stock probably did arrive safe & sound. (I'm not accusing anyone here, but as time goes on I have less and less faith in human nature as a whole).

5. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well, just to confirm that matters have been sorted out with Craig and I have received my 2 copies of Atlantis today by recorded delivery (it cost Movietyme almost £4 to post them this way, so fair play to them!) and Swordfish will be despatched as soon as it's in stock.

I agree that most "losses" are not down to postal workers, although our last postman was caught thieving post, albeit mostly football tickets going to supporters' clubs.

But I do not agree that the majority of people claiming their movies have not arrived are lying.

6. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,415
    If £9000 worth of stock goes missing, I'd use recorded delivery and charge a quid extra per DVD.

7. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Didn't say most.