what's currently the biggest and best plasma screen to buy?

B

backtothefuture

someone I know are in the market for one ... this is going to be a long term home cinema investment and they wish to buy a large plasma screen.

which ones are the best/quality and largest ones available?

any links and prices would be appreciated

:smashin:

look in this months HCC, the new pioneer 50 incher I think should fit the bill nicely

I've heard Panasonic start shipping a massive 65" screen soon.
It won't be cheap!
The big question is, will it have Panasonics fantastic black level and contrast ratios?
Will be stunning if it has....:smashin:

Heard lots of good things about the Pioneer PDP504....

I think that is top of the line nowadays.... thanks for confirming!

:smashin:

(I think Panasonic's 65" is going to be a bit too big for the wall space they have in mind :) )

well it wont be shipping soon...... not for 6 months min. In the meantime, there is a 61 inch NEC which Ive heard good things about on avsforum

ad

I can confirm that the Pioneer 504HDE is an awesome unit. Certainly not got the blacks of the Panny but they are very respectable and the rest of the image more than makes up for it (IMO). If anyone is near the cardiff area and wants a viewing just drop me a PM.

Fullabeer

Don't expect to see the Series 7 65" Display until December at the very earliest - though you can be sure it will have the Panasonic 'family' look.

Best regards

Joe

Fujitsu 63" is available now, as is a 55" unit, available badged as Fujitsu or Hitachi. Be aware as the size goes up, the price rises seemingly exponentially, which is why about 95% of plasmas are 42".:D

I think the previous post probably referred to the forthcoming 50MX1 model BTW, just a panel. If you have a compelling need for analogue TV, the HDE is your man, otherwise probably the display only model might be best.

I heard the Hitachi 55" is in the £5k region.

1366x768 rez

DVI, component, scart inputs

Steve.

I saw the Samsung 63" at Harrods last weekend and was impressed, but I think it had a £15K price tag on it !

Buns/Joe i won't be expecting to see "IT" (65" Panny) at all.
The reason being that if i see "IT", i will then want "IT".
And then i'll start thinking of ways to pay for "IT".
This means i will then go without to get "IT".

AND THEN THERE'S THE WIFE......"IT" will be the last thing i see!!!:D :rotfl: :D

Tried the rest, got the best.....Pioneer PDP 504HDE...the best, all round, "real world" screen on the market.

"Probably"

and

"For Now"

What will we be saying in a months time when everyone is raving about the 50MXE-1.

What will we be saying in a months time when everyone is raving about the 50MXE-1.

We'll probably be saying the Panasonic 50PHD7 is better :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, your man should consider a 42"/43" or 50" Pio or Panny/Fuji/Tosh and put a decent HD2+ projector in as well (Marantz S3, Tosh MT800, ProjectionDesign Action!).

Unless of course he's one of those movie star types whos always got to have the biggest plasma screen...... i've seen a 61" NEC installed behind a glass partition so the guy could see it from his swimming pool!!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom