1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's causing that line of green pixels?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Craig Armstrong, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Craig Armstrong

Craig Armstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've been fiddling around with my HS50 today, trying to get as smooth DVD playback as possible. Despite reclock constantly crashing zoom player (I've ditched reclock for now) I've had quite a successful day, helped by UrbanT's settings for a 50hz feed to his HS50.

However, I've now noticed that down the right hand side of the projected image there is a faint line - prodominately green. I note this same green line also appears around the edge of a rock in a picture which I use as my desktop wallpaper. I've checked both VGA and HDMI sources and noted the same problem. I've tried altering every picture setting I could find and also the lens shift, without success. Is this some sort of slight LCD panel misalignment or is it caused by a cheap 6m VGA cable for instance?

I've performed a quick search but "green line LCD projector" isn't coming up with anything unsurprisingly!

Can anyone help :lease:

2. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    do you have a purple line on the other side of the screen aswell?

3. Craig Armstrong

Craig Armstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ahhhhhhh! There's no purple line down the left but I can see a purple line around some of the rocks on my desktop wallpaper too! Is this a misalignment issue?

4. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Sounds like it. Doesn't the Sony have test patterns that can be projected to show alignment.

5. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    yeh im afraid it looks like thats the problem. Do you notice it from regular viewing distance? If you do then send it back and get a new one, if you dont then whether you keep it is up to you.

6. Craig Armstrong

Craig Armstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bugger, yep, I can see it from viewing distance of approx 12 feet :( I'll try and find the test patterns menu today to confirm. Thanks guys.

7. Blue2

Blue2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, sounds like lcd miss-alignment, if you stand up close to the screen you should be able to see if the RGB pixels all sit cleanly on top of each other. Not sure if what the production tolerence is. With the big green line down the righthand edge, you may be able to eliminate it by changing the signal settings on the pj menu (lets you move the image about on the screen a little bit). Let us know what they say if you take it back, mine is similar, about a 1.5 - 2 pixel error.

Has anyone opend a HS50 up yet, on a lot of older projectors this was a service adjustment that anyone could make (with a screwdriver and a little time)?

8. Craig Armstrong

Craig Armstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, some random tweaking and its pretty much gone. My opwerstrip settings appear to have changed themselves too, still 50hz though :)

9. GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Craig what random tweaks did you do? I have a similar problem. You help would be much appreciated.

10. Craig Armstrong

Craig Armstrong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Gladiator, do you use powerstrip? If so, try these settings:

Scan Rate 37.500
    Active 88
    Sync width 56
    Back Porch 232
    total 1656

Vertical refrsh rate 50.000
    Active 720
    Front porch 4
    Sync width 6
    Back porch 20
    Total 750

Pixel clock 62.100

Then try APA once you've made the changes and see if that works :)