Whats Better ?

DUVET

Standard Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Choices choices! Duvet mate, instead of reducing your options to a shortlist, you are throwing more into the mix, and an LCD at that! ;)

CFC1 said:
Choices choices! Duvet mate, instead of reducing your options to a shortlist, you are throwing more into the mix, and an LCD at that! ;)

i know i know dad ! lol

was just looking to find out what peoples opinions where on lcd v plasma, i've posted the same post on the lcd forum to see there reaction, and i bet they tell me the lcd is better and everyone on here will tell me the plasma is better etc etc

duvet

DUVET said:
...was just looking to find out what peoples opinions where on lcd v plasma, i've posted the same post on the lcd forum to see there reaction, and i bet they tell me the lcd is better and everyone on here will tell me the plasma is better etc etc

Exactly right!

From what I have gleaned from here, the LCD/plasma choice is to a large extent dictated by your viewing habits/screen demands. For example, will you be gaming long and hard, chancing retention/burn on plasma or watching fast moving sports and suffering motion blur on LCD!

They have the two of these side by side in Currys Milton Keynes, running a HD feed. They were both good, and I was impressed at how LCD has improved, but the 50" Plasma is the screen I kept watching as it was just bigger, and better in terms of smoother motion, etc.

I was looking at the Samsung today and went on line to get a better price.
The 46 inch can be bought cheaper at Currys and using the voucher code CURRYS1201500 the price comes down to 1497

Rich6826 said:
They have the two of these side by side in Currys Milton Keynes, running a HD feed. They were both good, and I was impressed at how LCD has improved, but the 50" Plasma is the screen I kept watching as it was just bigger, and better in terms of smoother motion, etc.

yeah i think your right, in impresses me alot more, *size does matter*, i'm not buying anything for another few weeks so unless a better offer or screen for the price comes up i'm going with the samsung 50" plasma.

DUVET said:
yeah i think your right, in impresses me alot more, *size does matter*, i'm not buying anything for another few weeks so unless a better offer or screen for the price comes up i'm going with the samsung 50" plasma.

I'm in exactly the same situation. I'm hoping to get John Lewis to price match Empire Direct. Makes the tv about £1850. If you're not fussed with warrenty, Amazon.co.uk sell it for about £1740! I was gutted I missed the 20% discount online with John Lewis (see other thread)... :(

Rich6826 said:
I'm in exactly the same situation. I'm hoping to get John Lewis to price match Empire Direct. Makes the tv about £1850. If you're not fussed with warrenty, Amazon.co.uk sell it for about £1740! I was gutted I missed the 20% discount online with John Lewis (see other thread)... :(

Yeah that offer of 20% off was amazing, don't think we will see that again, i seen it on amazon for that price which is good, but you would only get the 1 year standard warrenty with it.

so you going to go with the JL picematch ? have you thought about a surround sound system yet for it ?

DUVET said:
Yeah that offer of 20% off was amazing, don't think we will see that again, i seen it on amazon for that price which is good, but you would only get the 1 year standard warrenty with it.

so you going to go with the JL picematch ? have you thought about a surround sound system yet for it ?

Yeah I've got the whole thing planned....... :D

I'm gonna get a Denon AVR2807 with a set of Kef 3005 speakers. I think the whole black gloss thing should be great!

I'm also going to have Sky HD, and a Denon DVD player. I don't know which model yet as the new models are on the way!

My final addition will be a Soundbridge or Squeezbox to play my MP3's on the new system.

I love the cash you can be left with when moving home! Made any further system plans yourself?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom