.......I dont find the UI much fun at all. Instead I've settled on mediamonkey. why ?
- great library and tag managements....espcially for a collection of say 10000 songs plus
- podcast support ! it fetches my fave podcasts and automatically dumps them on my mp3 player
- i have the register version (abuot a tenner) and it will convert files on the fly to either different formats or different quality
- great community support
- it does volume levelling - which is a big plus if you have varied source files and want to play a party or something.
- its fast and doesnt gobble ram.
- do media sharing
all of which wmp11 does out of the box
Better? Do you mean "better" library and organisation of your music? Codec support?im big into playing my music off my laptop. is there a better program out there that can do a better job than windows media player?
As above depends on hardware. Most laptop onboard sound cards don't cut it if you want any real quality. I got myself an external usb sound card hooked up to external speakers... then in conjunction with foobar (above), use asio output. See here and here. Winamp and mediamonkey are often suggested. Not to mention iTunesi would be intrested in software that could improve the sound too