1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats better Plasma or LCD???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lami, Sep 12, 2005.

1. lami

lami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking around for a 42" HD plasma but have been told that they don't last very long. I've been pointed in the direction of a LCD tV. What do you think? Please I'm not very good with things like this so help me out. Cheers

2. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,516
    check the price difference between 42" LCD & PLasma...who told you they didn't last long btw?

3. madshi

madshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    A question like this pops up every few days. You could search back through the countless older threads.

Anyway, in short: Both plasmas and LCD last about 60000 hours. It's totally incorrect saying plasma doesn't last as long. That's just plain wrong. However, plasma *can* have burn in problems, but the newer models have that only if you really really do weird stuff like showing the same still image for a few days/weeks without anything else in between. As long as you're showing moving images, there are no durability problems whatsoever with plasma.