Whats better for gaming? LCD or DLP?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by xs2man, Sep 14, 2007.

1. xs2man

xs2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Hi guys,

I'm upgrading my LCD projector, but being on a limited budget (about £600) I was thinking of the HD70.

However, someone has told me LCD projectors are better for gaming. Is this true?

It will be MAINLY used for gaming, but could occasionally be used for (well, maybe more than that, about 75% games, 25% movies), movies aswell.

Just wondering whats best, you know, a sort of pro's and cons relating more specifically to gaming...

Or are they much the same nowadays? It'll be running xbox360 with HD DVD and PS3 and Wii through an Onkyo 705 AV receiver. Cheers.

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    Either should be fine, if you want to use during the day, either get some black out blinds or an extra bright projector. Something like a panasonic ax100 would be perfect if you've got no particular preference for how the image should look except for good.

3. xs2man

xs2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Cool. Any advice on where I could get one of these? I cannot seem to find one within budget. Would there be much advantage with this panasonic over the hd70?