What's Best Type of Screen - Xbox/PC

MikeNolan

Novice Member
Was looking at 20" LCD widescreen monitors to use with my PC - budget around £260. However, looking a little in the future, I thought they would be OK for XBox 360. Assistant said they would not really show the full potential of XBox, and said I would need to look at HD version, which would probably cost double. Is this just a sales pitch? If not, are there any decent 20" monitors/units that would double up for use on PC & Xbox. Thanks

MikeNolan

Novice Member
Thanks - looks good, but at 26", just too big for the den. My wife (the accountant) would flip. It's got to sit on a desk so 20" is probably biggest screen size.

stu.artd

It's sales flannel, and that's being nice about it. HD is 1280x720, and all 20" LCD monitors will be a higher resolution than that so in effect can easilly display a HD signal. If running the 360 through one of these monitors then the monitor will scale the image to fill the screen, I used my Dell 2405 with my 360 through component and VGA and even with the image scaled to fill the 1920x1200 resolution it was still impressive.

I'd recommend going for a widescreen model as that has the correct aspect ratio, and the 19" Hanns G models get good reviews and costs about £120. The one below has DVI for your PC and VGA for connecting the 360.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hanns-LCD-S...a_1/026-7434996-5747655?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom