1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats best for me LCD of Plasma

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by P4_MAN_25, Oct 14, 2004.

1. P4_MAN_25

P4_MAN_25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I was thinking about getting an LCD TV for my new Home theatre Pc and normal tv watchin but then thought maybe i should get a Plasma, What shall i do, What are the lifespans of each, Which has the best pictures?.

cheers
    Colin

2. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Depends on your requirement for size, budgt etc.

I am currently looking for an LCD as a second TV, and most come nowhere near the quality of my Panasonic PWD6 plasma.

The only exception is the new Sony KLV-32MRX1, which has an amazing picture - but is too expensive for a second TV!

I am looking at the Toshiba 26WL46, which has a good picture for £900, but not as good as a decent plasma.

In future generations, this is likely to change and LCD will become the dominant technology.

If you want a larger screen, I would suggest checking out the 37" or 42" Panasonic plasmas, which can be had for significantly under £2k now.

If you want a smaller screen check out 26" and 32" LCDs from Sharp, Panasonic and Toshiba (£900-£1500), but don't expect plasma beating quality.

If you can run to £2.5k for a 32" screen, look at the Sony 32MRX1, and get the best of both worlds!