Whats best for me - DVR433H replacement

mrtubs

Standard Member
Hi
I have a widescreen, but old style TV with 2 x scart leads. I cannot get Freeview in my area and the analogue TV signal is not very good either. I have freesat from Sky, which is basically the standard sky box but I only have access to free to view channels as I do not pay a subscription - however at least it gives me a decent picture.

Over the past few years I have used a Pioneer DVR-433H as my DVD recorder. Although a bit dated now I have been very pleased with it, but it has now developed a fault in that it can no longer burn onto DVD from the hard drive.

I would like any advice on what to get as a replacement, either new or secondhand.

Obviously a good picture/sound and reliability are very important. I would also need RGB input for recording from Sky and a decent size hard drive.

Next on the list would be an EPG, this would be particularly impressive if it also turned the sky box over so I only had to set the programmes to be recorded on one machine.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Ian

tsr2

Standard Member
Sounds like you are looking for similar things to me.

The Philips DVDR5520H/DVDR5570H are well specced, but ours is as flaky as a double 99.

The equivalent Sony is the RDR-HXD890, this includes analogue/digital tuners 160GB hard disk and EPG. According to the Amazon listing it includes an "IR Blaster" to control a set top box, but the Sony site seems to say it doesn't?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom