Whats been your best blind buys ever?

denzyl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
For me theres been quite a few blind buys but high on the list are

The transporter -a non-stop full on action film
Splinter -cracking horror film
Across the Universe - a musical not my sort of film but all Beatles song helped

ps Who knows if the list grows by other posts it might give you an incentive to buy more

Last edited:
Mesrine

After 2010 being the worst year in movie history (my opinion), I did a blind buy on this a few months back as I really like Vincent Cassel as an actor, and was absolutely delighted with it.

4 hours of brilliance.

I have not seen a film where I didn't know a little something about for years. I blame the internet! Really would like to disconnect sometimes. :rolleyes:

Man from earth...an outstanding film

The BSG series has to be my best blind buy ever. I was a few years behind everyone, and got hooked right away.

A few more...

Moulin Rouge
Eternal Sunshine
A Beautiful Mind
Memento

More of a blind rental - mid 90's got some now unremembered action film out of blockbusters and Clerks was in there as well (bit of a K Smith fan ever since)

Picked up The Matrix and Blade on VHS in 2000 after having not fancied them on release, wow amazing, Blade is better IMO than The Matrix these days.

On DVD bought Training Day and American Gangster on release day and really like them.

Liam

The only times I blind buy, its for titles that aren't out for rental in the UK.

My best blind by was probably Donnie Darko. I got the R1 DVD about a year before the film came out in the UK and became this Marmite cult film. I still think it's a fantastic film.

Others are Andrzej Zulawki's Possession, Richard Lester's Petulia, Lucio Fulci's A Lizard in a Woman's Skin and Robin Campillo's They Came Back,

Was looking on ebay for cheap blu-rays and picked up 'The Big White' for £5. Never heard of it before but really enjoyed it. Its a dark comedy with robin williams and very coen brothers like.

The Returner
Versus

I'm sure there are more but this is all I can think of for now:

Broken Path
Bangkok Adrenaline
The Rebel
Contour
Ong Bak
The Warrior King
Hero
House of Flying Daggers
Merantau Warrior
The Returner
Chocolate
Outlaw Brothers
Knockabout
Ip Man
Eastern condors
Iron monkey
Naked weapon

Generation Kill
Silent Hill
Serenity
I, robot
The Lord Of the Rings - the two towers and return of the King
Minority Report
Reign Of Fire
Terminator 3 and Terminator 4
The last samurai
Le Femme Nikita aka Nikita - the Movie
The Job complete series

More of a blind rental - mid 90's got some now unremembered action film out of blockbusters and Clerks was in there as well (bit of a K Smith fan ever since)

I've never rented something I've already seen. I think the OP's intent was blind purchases really.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom