Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Whats Are The Benifits Of Biwiring ????

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by istari knight, Jul 4, 2005.

1. istari knight

istari knight
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    HI !

I OWN A DENON PMA-355uk AMP , DENON DCD-685 CD PLAYER ,
    MORDAUNT-SHORT MS-815pro SPEAKERS , DIY CAT5 SPEAKER CABLE AND SUBZERO RAINBOW SILVER PLATED IC's.

I AM LOOKING INTO BIWIRING BUT DONT REALLY KNOW THE BENIFITS.....
    WHAT WILL IT IMPROVE ? WILL IT MAKE ANYTHING WORSE ??? AND HOW THE HECK DO I DO IT !!!!?????????

ANY ANWSERS WOULD BE GREALY APPRECIATED !!!!!!! :lease:

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    Oh Boy, not biwiring again. I think the pro's and cons have been done to death on this. If you do a search on biwiring you will find loads of debates and useful information.

3. alphabet

alphabet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm! I went through the same ersearch some time ago and eventually decided to try it out and hear for myself!

The basic idea behind bi-wiring is that the higher frequencies and lower frequencies are split and enter the crossover at different points. The theory is that the lower frequencies take up most of the bandwidth in speaker cables and bi-wiring apparently provide an alternative path for higher frequencies.

Okay, I did hear a difference in that it appeared as if there was a wider soundstage and the higher frequencies were clearer, but then again I did replace thick guage home made speaker cables with bi-wire cables from Monster.

My suggestion is try it without buying expensive bi-wire cable. If you hear a difference that you like, then invest in some proper bi-wire cable.

How to do it? Easy really! run an additional length of speaker cables from your amp to each speaker(from your normal lef/right connections), disconnect the metal interconnect between the connectors on your speaker, connect one set of cables to the "LF"(Bottom) connectors and the other set to the "HF"(Top) connectors - just make sure that you do not get the polarity mixed up.

Then listen and decide if you can hear a difference and whether in fact you like the difference. If you dont like what you hear, just replace the interconnectors on the speakers and you are back where you were.

Hope this helps.

4. istari knight

istari knight
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :smashin: :thumbsup: :smashin:

tried it and wow ! it sounds much more 3d , clean treble , male voices sound more realistic .... there's a little less bass but that's okay (it was a bit over enthusiastic before!)

cheers mate !!! :D