Whats all this firmware business?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by DeanR32, Jan 3, 2012.

1. DeanR32

DeanR32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Morning all

So, what's all this firmware stuff about? Is it updates for the TV's? Or just what the tv runs with?

I'm such a novice at these things, but could get right into it all! Just ordered a sky HD box so looking forward to how much better the picture is on my LG 540u

Cheers

2. davidcharles

davidcharles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    ...firmware is the main software the tv uses...sometimes they add extra features via firmware, sometimes they fix mini bugs etc...its always best to use the latest firmware for the tv you have.... sometimes though the firmware can have a negative effect and actually make something worse. Its always best to check on here and look for negative feedback about the latest firmwares.

...think yourself lucky you don't have to use Samsung firmwares, they can be a total lottery...i am sticking on 3008 firmware as everyting seems ok!!!

3. jonboy666

jonboy666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    ive the same TV but cant find on the tv where it tells you what firmware its using.plus there no downloades that i can see for it either.