• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What's all this about Plasmas buzzing?

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Both Plasma & LCD Tv's "Buzz" but if you hear it or not is another thing :) even with the volume off on my 50V10 I can only hear it if I put my ear next to the set & around the back, which is not something I do regularly as I prefer to view content :D IMO nothing at all to be concerned about :)

toodeep

Prominent Member
I doubt that enough 65V10 are in consumers hands yet to know, but my 50V10 also doesn't make appreciable noise. Plasma buzzing varies with make/model and how they're run, e.g. my Panasonic plasmas have always been quiet but my Pioneer Kuro could get loud.

yelnek

Established Member
The only buzzing my 5090 makes is when you go right up to the back of it - and even then its very quiet - so in essence it doesn't buzz - after all you can't watch the picture at the back can you.
My father has a panny and there is no buzzing coming from his set.

Steve149

Established Member
I put my new 65V10 on the wall on Wednesday evening. Last night I had the sound muted while my wife took a phone call and I couldn't hear any fan noise or buzzing at 3.5m from the screen. Not tried putting my ear right up against the screen but there does not seem to be any great issue with noise of any type.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Most people will never hear the buzz, even if the panel does buzz. Some people are more suceptible to it and I think some locations can make it sound worse. My 500 does make a little noise but as above I have to be right next to the screen with the sound off to even pick it up.
I believe the niose is from the power supply so it will affect all TVs.

Crispyduck

Standard Member
I put my new 65V10 on the wall on Wednesday evening. Last night I had the sound muted while my wife took a phone call and I couldn't hear any fan noise or buzzing at 3.5m from the screen. Not tried putting my ear right up against the screen but there does not seem to be any great issue with noise of any type.

You've got it then:clap:

Are you happy and all that? Also, which mount did you use - is it a tilt mount?

Steve149

Established Member
Tilt mount! - wait till you see the size of this thing. The size of the carboard box made me laugh then sit down in shock. The box has clever moulded plastic handles that allow FOUR people to move it. It does look more reasonable on the wall though.

I used a standard wall mount (horizontal bar with two vertical hangers bolted to the TV) rated at 61" screen or 70Kg max. I chucked away the screws that came with the bracket and put 8 number 120mm long frame fixers into the wall just to make sure. Absolutely no problem.

I am still playing with it but the THX mode with HD looks great. SD from 3.5m away still looks softer than I was expecting but I have not hooked up my Freesat PVR yet.

One bonus is that the DVD buttons on the Panasonic remote work my new PS3 slim. Since the PS3 is Bluetooth this is obviously working via HDMI control. Totally unexpected - well done Sony and Panasonic. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom