1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a Samsung SPL6

Discussion in 'TVs' started by shaduf, Oct 20, 2005.

1. shaduf

shaduf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    QVC - the Shopping Channel demonstrated a SAMSUNG SPL6 last weekend.
    The price is £1,489 and it is available on wait list. Post and packing is £35.00 but the interesting thing is that it is on 30 day trial. If you don't like it you send it back for a no quibble refund.

I've looked on the Samsung site but they do not list an SPL6. I know there is a SP50L6HX but that doesn't have the stand and appears to be at least cosmetically different.

By the way, when it was described in the QVC presentation, the presenter said something like " there is no CRT to blow or for the Plasma to fade away, all you do with a DLP is change the bulb after a few years and it's as good as new". Can you buy the bulbs at Wilkos (30p) do you think. :nono:

As I am in the market for a DLP of that size it looks worth a punt but I would like to know more about it first.

Can anyone throw any light on this model please?

Shaduf

2. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Looks like the SP50L6HX, an excellent DLP TV, at a pretty good price - £1489.96 + UK Postage & Packaging £35.00

Item Number 554465