What's a safe level of exercise?

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I'd say the overall benefits of exercise would far outweigh any possible link so have at it and go full guns if you want to.

RebelScum

“…in people who are genetically vulnerable”. I think that’s important. A safe level depends on personal circumstances.

phil t

“…in people who are genetically vulnerable”. I think that’s important.
As was explained to me by the good folk of GOSH, it's the same for many if not all illnesses/conditions.

Many illnesses/conditions can be tested for genetic predisposition and modifying your lifestyle will help reduce the odds, but if you ae highly predisposed then the odds can only be reduced so far.

finbaar

I think I will read the paper behind this as that article was rubbish. However while exercise may well be a risk factor for MND lack of exercise is a risk factor for many more, much more prevalent, conditions.

Xenomorph

I think I will read the paper behind this as that article was rubbish. However while exercise may well be a risk factor for MND lack of exercise is a risk factor for many more, much more prevalent, conditions.

I definitely agree with that. Probably should do some more research on this myself.
But I'd like to know what is classified as "intense" exercise. I used to run, and was always obsessed with going faster, meaning by definition I was often on the limit.
These days my guiding metric during exercise is not power, speed or time. It's heart rate. My most important piece of equipment is a HRM.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom