1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats a Rear Projection Screen Worth ???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AMacQ, Jul 21, 2004.

1. AMacQ

AMacQ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got hold of a 50" 4:3 Rear Projection Screen for next to nothing a while back.
    http://www.media-vision.de/international/products/mds.php

I use it once in a blue moon, and am looking to maybe sell both it and my projector, but i dont really have a clue what the screen is worth.
    At the time i got it, I heard roumors that the screen itself cost around £5 sq inch when new, which I cant really believe.

The screen i have has a small crack at the edge so needs trimmed down by about 2-3 inchs so it would still make a cracking 45" 4:3 screen.

Any ideas what i should be looking for the item ?

Infact, i dont really know what the projector would be worth either, its a NEC VT45, with about 200 hours on the current bulb. I've seen them go for around £500 on ebay, is that realistic ?

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The screen material is probbaly worth a couple hundred at a guess. Who is the screen made by? Ones that we use are normall DNP or DAF and can cost into the thousands for something upto 8' wide. The cheapest diffusion fabric type I have seen was about £70/m2.